Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I spent wayyy too much money today!

Posted by jackier123 (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 17:12

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Baby Lock Crown Jewel 18 in quilter with frame today. I will go pick it up next Saturday! No more sending out quilts to be quilted!

Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I spent wayyy too much money today!

Wonderful. But, does your husband know??

o

Ooooooh! Sounds wonderful. Adding a room? Just kidding. Sounds like a great new toy.
LindaB/CA

o

Congratulations! I am trying to figure out how to fit a frame and machine into my small house...lol

Maryv

o

To me, it sounds as if you spent exactly the right amount of money. It's not like you mortgaged the house, or gambled away the food and rent money, is it?

Good for you, and enjoy ALL THE QUILTING!! HOORAY!!

(if I did gifs there would be animated fireworks, LOL)

o

Actually the husband was with me. He even tried out the demo model in the store. I have been saving my pennies for a couple years to buy a mid-arm. I told my husband he might have to eat Ramen Noodles for a while and he never blinked. LOL Seriously, this is why I teach part-time at a local college while working a full-time day job. I want to buy all the toys before I get too old to work 2 jobs.

Jackie

o

You're saving money by spending it, right? Eventually, you know it'll pay for itself. I have friends in TN.....let me know when you're ready for customers. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Good for your husband Jackie! He's a gem with his head screwed on right.

Mine was also right there encouraging me to get my long-arm machine, and making sure I got all the bells and whistles with it. (Of course, he bought a missile silo...but that's another story, LOL)

I find it interesting that men will go out and buy that new lawn tractor, or radial arm saw, or drill press, or even a new car, and many never consult their spouses - but many women dither and dally and talk themselves out of a TOOL, which they will USE.

o

Congratulations Jackie!!! My heavens, if you have been and continue to work two jobs, I don't know how you've had time to quilt at all. Do enjoy every minute of your new fabo toy!
V.

o

Yay-Yay-Yay! You were very smart to get an 18( - I have a 9( wannabee frame quilter -- very limiting, but serves me well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Machine Quilting Unlimited

o

Congrats! I think you made an excellent choice. Can hardly wait to see what you do with it.

o

I am so happy for you! It's most every quilter's dream to have a nice long-arm set-up like that. I think patchwork quilters fall into two camps..........those who like the patchworking part the best and those who like the quilting aspect the best. To me, the quilting is the part I do only of necessity to get my patchwork finished. I cannot afford to send all of mine out to a long-arm to be finished off, so I soldier through it. It's hard to imagine having a machine to make light work of it and I'm excited for you.

o

It sounds so exciting. I sent my first quilt out to be quilted and it came back so beautiful. I can't imagine being able to do that myself. Have fun!

o

You deserve the Best! Enjoy it to the utmost!

...and you are very smart to do it while you are young enough to Get 'er Done!

Looking forward to your new adventure!

TFS,
Gwen

o

How exciting - good for you!

o

Yes, you do deserve your new toy! A big "atta boy" to your DH for supporting your addiction....er...hobby!

Teresa

o

I want one soooooooo bad!!! For the first time in my life I have a sewing room, small, but it's mine, mine, mine. And it stays full!!!!

Congrats, looking forward to seeing your progress. Post a pic of your system when you can so I can drool over it lol!
GreenEyed Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here