Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

I spent wayyy too much money today!

jackier123
10 years ago

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Baby Lock Crown Jewel 18 in quilter with frame today. I will go pick it up next Saturday! No more sending out quilts to be quilted!

Jackie

Comments (16)

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Wonderful. But, does your husband know??

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Ooooooh! Sounds wonderful. Adding a room? Just kidding. Sounds like a great new toy.
    LindaB/CA

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

Congratulations! I am trying to figure out how to fit a frame and machine into my small house...lol

Maryv

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

To me, it sounds as if you spent exactly the right amount of money. It's not like you mortgaged the house, or gambled away the food and rent money, is it?

Good for you, and enjoy ALL THE QUILTING!! HOORAY!!

(if I did gifs there would be animated fireworks, LOL)

• jackier123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Actually the husband was with me. He even tried out the demo model in the store. I have been saving my pennies for a couple years to buy a mid-arm. I told my husband he might have to eat Ramen Noodles for a while and he never blinked. LOL Seriously, this is why I teach part-time at a local college while working a full-time day job. I want to buy all the toys before I get too old to work 2 jobs.

Jackie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

You're saving money by spending it, right? Eventually, you know it'll pay for itself. I have friends in TN.....let me know when you're ready for customers. :-)

SharonG/FL

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

Good for your husband Jackie! He's a gem with his head screwed on right.

Mine was also right there encouraging me to get my long-arm machine, and making sure I got all the bells and whistles with it. (Of course, he bought a missile silo...but that's another story, LOL)

I find it interesting that men will go out and buy that new lawn tractor, or radial arm saw, or drill press, or even a new car, and many never consult their spouses - but many women dither and dally and talk themselves out of a TOOL, which they will USE.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations Jackie!!! My heavens, if you have been and continue to work two jobs, I don't know how you've had time to quilt at all. Do enjoy every minute of your new fabo toy!
    V.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Yay-Yay-Yay! You were very smart to get an 18( - I have a 9( wannabee frame quilter -- very limiting, but serves me well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Machine Quilting Unlimited

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Congrats! I think you made an excellent choice. Can hardly wait to see what you do with it.

• calliope
    10 years ago

I am so happy for you! It's most every quilter's dream to have a nice long-arm set-up like that. I think patchwork quilters fall into two camps..........those who like the patchworking part the best and those who like the quilting aspect the best. To me, the quilting is the part I do only of necessity to get my patchwork finished. I cannot afford to send all of mine out to a long-arm to be finished off, so I soldier through it. It's hard to imagine having a machine to make light work of it and I'm excited for you.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

It sounds so exciting. I sent my first quilt out to be quilted and it came back so beautiful. I can't imagine being able to do that myself. Have fun!

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

You deserve the Best! Enjoy it to the utmost!

...and you are very smart to do it while you are young enough to Get 'er Done!

Looking forward to your new adventure!

TFS,
    Gwen

• lola99
    10 years ago

How exciting - good for you!

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Yes, you do deserve your new toy! A big "atta boy" to your DH for supporting your addiction....er...hobby!

Teresa

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

I want one soooooooo bad!!! For the first time in my life I have a sewing room, small, but it's mine, mine, mine. And it stays full!!!!

Congrats, looking forward to seeing your progress. Post a pic of your system when you can so I can drool over it lol!
    GreenEyed Rosa