Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Well, I did it!

loisflan
9 years ago

I am now the proud owner of a Baby Lock Tiara. I am so excited. I went to the shop this noon and tried out the machine. It was great! They were willing to sell the floor model for 10% less. I tried out the stitch regulator, and I didn't like it at all. That saved a bundle. I did get the two extension wings that add another 18" to each side of the 36" table. I got the mat, and I loved the Martinelli hoops too. And I was able to take advantage of the 48 month, 0% interest financing on my whole purchase.

I have to wait until my husband gets back into town next weekend to bring it home. The head weighs 62 pounds, and I will not be struggling with that myself. That will give me some time to figure out where I will put it. My sewing room/office is only 10x11, and it's full. I guess I will put it in the guest room or the family room downstairs. I wish I could keep it in my sewing room, but I can't imagine how I would fit it in there. Maybe I'll get some more exercise if I have to go downstairs to use it. I've got several quilt tops ready to go, so I'm anxious to get started.

Comments (16)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Good for you, Lois!!!! So happy for you!

SharonG/FL

• jackier123
    9 years ago

Great! You will love it.

Jackie

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

That's exciting! I would be bouncing off the walls lol!!!! Have fun!
    Rosa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Ahhhh, sneaky, Lois! Buying a new machine while hubby is away! LOL

Enjoy it!

Donna

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Good for you! Enjoy!
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Wonderful! So happy for you!

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Whooo hoooo! Fantastic.

Have a wonderful time with your new toy. It must be really hard waiting to get your hands on it now that the decision is made.

LindaB/CA

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Good for you!! I would love to have the space for long arm machine but that is not an option. So happy for you, I know you must be very excited waiting to be able to play with you need toy. Enjoy every moment.

• vacuumfreak
    9 years ago

Congrats... I can't even imagine all the fun you are going to have with it... looks like a very sweet machine!

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Happy dance! Don't forget pictures, please.

beverly

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Oohhh I'm so excited for you....Congratulations!!!

I have a BSR on my Bernina and really like it, wondering what you did not like about it?

V.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's a strange electronic device that must be held onto the fabric with a magnet and must always be kept in range of the needle. It's not attached to the machine. It gives a very jerky flow to the process. It was another $900, and even at my first attempt, I was stitching more evenly without it. I can always add it later if I find I need it. I always assumed I would want a stitch regulator, but once I tried this one, I didn't want it. Maybe they will come up with a better design.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Congratulations! I know you have wanted to quilt your own tops.
    I am anxious to watch your progress.
    Invest in another bobbin case - mainly to use for heavier thread -or worse - when you drop the only one you have & you can't get the tension perfect. Bobbin cases are fragile & we don't treat them as kind as we should ;~)
    I highly recommend the magazine " Machine Quilting Unlimited" and you would probably like their sister publication "Modern Quilting" (These are the only 2 magazines I get).
    You'll be soaking up the info on the Tiara until you get yours installed. There is so much to learn & love!
    So happy for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Machine Quilting Unlimited

• sherryquilts
    9 years ago

Congrats ! A new machine, always exciting. Hope you love it!

• loisflan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Marsha. I ordered Machine Quilting Unlimited. It looked very helpful. I need ideas for quilting motifs and patterns.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

I just signed up for the digital version of Machine Quilting Unlimited. Nice magazine! Looks great on a Kindle. Thanks for the tip, Marsha!

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x