Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? May 17-19

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I have some flowers to plant this weekend but I think I will still have time to sew. I have a new Hello Moon block to make and I am still working on the Marie Bostwick star quilt-along blocks.
My small quilt group is doing a challenge. We have a fairly large stash of fabric, including kid panels. Everyone was encouraged to choose some fabrics from the stash and make a quilt. There are no guidelines, make any size or type quilt. The finished quilts will be put in our "quilt bank" so we have finished quilts for unexpected needs. I chose an alphabet panel and will make pinwheel blocks to surround it.
When all of the above projects are done, I want to start working on the monkey baby quilt for the coming grandbaby.
Linda OH

Comments (6)

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I am not sure yet if I am going to do any hand-piecing this weekend. This week I finished re-reading the last half of "The Christmas Quilt" which is the 2nd book in the Elm Creek Quilts series. Today I started reading the 3rd book in that series the "Round Robin". I plan to be curled up with good books most of this weekend and begin packing for an upcoming RV trip. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I plan to sew. My Twister Heart wall hanging/table topper is ready for binding and I have it ready to sew on. Thought I'd get it done tonight, but don't think so. I've been quilting on that QOV off and on all week and finally just folded it up and set it aside for now. I have another red/white/blue I want to make longer as it's a square right now so thought I'd make some gold Friendship Star blocks and add a row to the top and bottom. Not sure if it will look good or not, but I'll make them and see. My UFO's are being whittled at.........

LindaOH, You'll get everything done so you can start working on that Monkey quilt, you know you will! lol

Sandra, Will you be RV'ing to sightsee or heading to a park for awhile?

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I started quilting the baby quilt yesterday, so will definitely work on that (the baby shower is next weekend.) In between quilting, I will be gardening and cleaning house and grocery shopping. (Oh, why did I leave it all for Saturday?) My DD from CO is coming tomorrow night for a 9 day visit. Hooray!

Sandra, I need to check out the first book in the series. I've read a knitting series and a gardening series, but no quilting mysteries.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Oh I really am needing my quilting fix. So much so, that I sneaked into the sewing room when making beds this morning and ran up about five feet of seams on my strips for half square triangles. That's all she wrote. My DIL and I are participating in a large yard sale tomorrow morning and I've put off preparing for it until today, so I have nothing else done today but that and my daily necessary chores. I haven't done this in years, but my cup runneth over on 'stuff'. I am not a consumer, I just don't get rid of anything. I've donated so much of it, but am now to the really nicer stuff I'd like to have some recompense for, and stick away in my mad money for something special. The veggie plot is half in and I need to finish that as well as soon as possible. I suspect I shall squeeze a little time in on my quilting somewhere. My day isn't complete unless I do. Oh btw, I plugged that mangle in to do the linens for the sale. I am in love!

• polardream
    10 years ago

Would love to be sewing - and need to finish a quilt for a graduation present on the 26th, but not sure if I will get any time. Mom & MIL are leaving in the morning so tonight was spent playing cards and hanging out with them. Tomorrow I am committed to helping my son renovate a rental house he bought since the new tenants are moving in Monday. He had a new roof put on this week and tomorrow it gets a new water heater. I am going to help paint (all of the inside!) and clean. DH is taking moms to the airport and will be back to help with mowing lawn and hardware store runs. (he NEVER paints - claims he has never found a paintbrush that fits his hand!). If we don't finish tomorrow, I will be back at it on Sunday after church.

Everyone enjoy your weekend!
    Sue

• chickie1
    10 years ago

I wish I could say I was spending the day quilting but attending a local quilt show yea! Maybe later in the day I will be able to sneak in some time for me & my quilts. I need to finish a baby quilt for my nephew. Only need to quilt the last border and bind. I have to stay focused and not buy a new project at the quilt show.
    Darlene

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional