Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

My Tuesday Morning Bargains-Pic

magothyrivergirl
11 years ago

OMG!! I stopped in Tuesaday Morning to return something - I have been in there 3 times in less then a week (ugh!). I had looked at the hidden in the corner craft / quilting section already because someone here had mention the fabric she had purchased awhile ago from TM.

Across from the register the brand new sale items were prominently displayed~~and drumroll....quilting fabric! I bought a bunch! Is it Quilt shop quality? No, but it is Joanne's quality, some better - and in TM style -- cheap!

Same batik-like wannabe bundled in 2 yard packages for $3.99/pkg. I got 100 5"charms for $2.99! another - 24 charms for $3.99. The pricing did not make sense, but if you shop TM, you expect that.

This fabric will be good for trying out some specialty rulers or new techniques.

Go to Tuesday Morning if you get a chance.

Comments (13)

• loisflan
    11 years ago

How fun, Marsha. I've stopped by Tuesday Morning only once, and the few bundles of fabric they had were of such poor quality, I passed on them. Yours look great!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I've never heard of Tuesday Morning......is it best to go on Tuesday mornings?

SharonG/FL

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

I need to check that out, there is one in the next town from here.

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I discovered Tuesday Morning from a previous post here. You should also check the housewares section because a friend of mine got a Rowenta Iron for 45.00. There are 2 locations in the Niagara Falls, NY area so if I have time I check both of them when I am there. DH and I are heading to upstate NY next week so I had better check for locations!

Mary

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Nice haul, Marsha! I haven't been to TM in quite a while.

Sharon, TM is like Big Lots...they buy discontinued and closeout stuff from other retailers and can sell it cheap. I've gotten sheets & towels there for good prices, and a couple of suitcases.

Donna

• luvtosharedivs
    11 years ago

I've never been to a Tuesday Morning store, but did a search, and found out there's one about 13 miles from me in the next town South. Now I'm curious, and will have to check it out!

Julie

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Good haul from TM! I've not seen fabric at TM before,but will keep my eyes open on the occassions I stop by.

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For those not familiar with Tuesday Morning, it is a place you "have to shop". Normally it is neat and clean, but the stock levels change drastically when they get trucks and when they have their sales. If you see something you even think you want, buy it or it will not be there tomorrow.
    It is a wonderful place for gifts and one of a kind items. The housewares and cookware is always excellent.
    Back to the bundles of fabric - by tomorrow, it will be gone at the store I was in. I needed to get a cart, and asked the lady who was selecting (gorgeous) lampshades on the same shelf, if she would guard my pile while I ran and got a cart -- she gave me hers - she understood!

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Ooh, great haul Marsha!

I wish there was a decent TM near me, or even near other places I need to go, LOL. Alas, there isn't.

There was one near the needlework shop I worked for, but it was really ratty, dirty, and it went out of business after just a year or so. Totally mismanaged.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

The one I used to go to closed up too. I think there's another one in town but it's no where close to where I live or work. Might have to make a special trip!!!

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

There was a small one by Longwood and I was never as lucky as Marsha!

Love the fabrics!
    Rosa

• vacuumfreak
    11 years ago

Marsha, that is a great find. I got a similar "bargain" at Big Lots today of all places! When I saw fat quarters for a dollar a piece, I just couldn't control myself! I know it's not quilt shop quality as well, but I'm still learning, so why waste expensive material... some of it looks pretty good... I bought like 23 dollars worth!

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bobby ~ I like your fabrics! The diagonal stripe would make a good looking binding! You can wash Fat Quarters. I swish them around in a big bowl of hot water with a drop of Dawn & a small piece of a Color Catcher. That way you see if they are going to bleed (put like colors together)and you get to wash out all the sizing and see how good or bad the fabric really is. I blot on a towel, then dry on high heat in the dryer altogether. You will have to starch & iron them before you begin your project (hmmmm, which iron to use?:)

Definitely a good purchase. You can practice with these and make some placemats and potholders and kitty quilts if the fabric turns out not to wash well.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery