Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vasu_texas

Completed quilt from 2006 swap

vasu_texas
11 years ago

Finally finished my quilt from a 2006 sampler swap on this forum. We exchanged 12 blocks. I made two more blocks and the center star. I quilted it in 5 sections and then put them together. Each star is quilted differently. I used this quilt to try out all the stitches in my machine. I pieced the center star and then appliqued it to the background.

I'm keeping this quilt for *me*. Thanks to all of you wonderful quilters for making these blocks.

Vasu

Here is a link that might be useful: Pattern from Quilter's Cache

Comments (16)

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilt is beautiful and I really like how your layout. Nice job and thanks for sharing!

Lola

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

I agree, thanks for sharing! That's a great quilt, and I see some blocks I'd like to try out for myself. And kudoes for keeping it for yourself! Too many times we forget that the quilts we make would be great to wrap ourselves in...lol!

Dan

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That turned out great. You did a wonderful job. It is really a showpiece.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Wonderful! And it will always be more special to you because the blocks were made by your forum friends. It's like a big hug from everyone who worked on it!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I think it's a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing of photo of it.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Vasu, it's gorgeous! I love the center star and the layout of the blocks around it. Great job, everyone!

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Vasu, your quilt is very dramatic and beautiful. Great job in putting it together. I love the dark sashing. And I think the way you quilted the center star is perfect - like rays of energy coming from the star. Very, very nice. Lois

• User
    11 years ago

What a vibrant quilt. It would sure brighten up any dull day or miserable weather evening seeing it on a bed. Fantastic job everyone and Vasu.

• day2day
    11 years ago

It turned out wonderful.
    Good job.

~Geraldine

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful colors! I love the setting~the center star is perfect for showcasing the sampler blocks. It is a special quilt - enjoy it! Thanks for sharing the completed quilt.
    Everyone made very pretty blocks.

• vasu_texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your lovely comments. This was a very well-organized swap. We took a vote on several things and one of things we agreed upon was to use the same background fabric - it was a Moda marble. I bought some extra and used it for the center star. I learned a lot from the discussions leading to this swap. It was coordinated by Judy (juttz). Thanks, Judy.

Vasu

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Wonderful!

I thought maybe I participated in this swap, but don't remember the Moda marble - so maybe not. Good for you, finishing up a UFO!

Teresa

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

You did a nice job and the idea of using the same Moda background contributed to its success I am sure as did your choice of using the green and gold plus the center star to tie it all together. It makes for a "keeper" for sure. Great work and TFS. Jayne

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

It's beautiful!! I agree the center is perfect for the blocks.

I have started to keep some quikts for me too!!!!
    Rosa

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

It's a lovely quilt. I really like how it's arranged.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is a stunning quilt and a great keepsake and reminder of your friends from this forum. You did a great job on the quilting also.