Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first full size quilt in the works

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 16:33

I made a deal with DH - I'd go to the movies with him on Saturday (he LOVES the movies) if he would not disturb me on Sunday while I spend it entirely in the sewing room. I can't believe how much I got done! My plan is to make 2 quilts by Christmas, one for each of my grandsons (ages 5 and 13). I let them pick the colors and I arranged several layouts for them to choose from. I got everything cut out for the older boy's quilt and pieced the blocks that needed that (most are solid blocks). They both chose very bold colors. Here is the layout Elijah chose.
 photo ElijahsQuilt1_zps26295279.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first full size quilt in the works

These are such great colors together! What fun to get them involved in the process - just think how much more they'll appreciate their quilts.

o

I like it a lot. Love black and red together. Work will with the layout as well. Good job. TFS

o

Very exciting colors. They should really like their quilts having so much input. Who knows, with the fun of helping with the layout you might just turn one of them into a quilter.
LindaB/CA

o

Donna, that will be a very cool quilt! Have fun with it.

Donna

o

How perfect for the kids to be involved in the design and color selection...future designers in the making!. Love black and red together...Can't wait to see the finished product!
V.

o

white/grayHow exciting to have them involved in the process.
This one will look great.....I like the color combo.
TFS.

~Geraldine

This post was edited by day2day on Wed, May 29, 13 at 8:10

o

An excellent way to handle the choices, Donna. Their colors and their choice of your approved layouts. Elijah chose well!

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here