Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My challenge quilt

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 16:09

My small group has challenged everyone to make a quilt using fabric from the group stash. I chose a panel and used my own fabrics to make a pieced border.
The finished quilt will be put in our quilt bank for an emergency. We want to have some finished quilts so when we hear of a need, we can give it immediately.l
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of the quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My challenge quilt

I like your alphabet quilt, it turned out really cute. TFS.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

That will make a young child happy! We had a speaker at our guild last night and she showed us some quilts that she designed to use up some of the panels we have bought and now wonder what we can do with them.

Maryv

o

I just love pinwheels made with black. I think it spices up anything. Good job.

o

That turn out great. I agree some little one will be very happy. Good choices for the border for the panel. Nice job. TFS

o

I like the pinwheels going all around the quilt. It is very cheerful. Some child will love it.

o

It's great Linda, beautiful work.

Interesting, I like both versions, tho' I admit I too had trouble w/ the asymmetrical one, but decided it's just that it's sooooo different than a quilter's normal, expected symmetry, that's what trips us up about it.

Hadn't heard about the quilt bank before, what a terrific idea. TFS & keep up the good work.

o

Great colors and I love the pinwheel border!
LindaB/CA

o

How nice, Linda! Your pinwheel colors match the panel perfectly. And that's a great idea to have a quilt stash ready.

Donna

o

What a great idea to have a quilt stash! And the quilt itself is darling...
V.

o

I like it, Linda! Good job!

SharonG/FL

o

I have a few panels like that, that are uneven and need squaring up with an inner border to make a pieced border work, so I like seeing what you did. I like your pinwheels, and I do like it all the way around. I thought your first idea was bold and modern! To my eye maybe if the inner piece was solid it would work better to just have the two sides. With the alphabet I want to see it bordered, I guess. Nice work. Will be a nice cheery quilt, and I think bright variegated thread would be fun, too.
--Amy

o

So cute! . I love the pinwheels in black to!good work :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here