Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your favorite applique book?

Posted by petalpatsy (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 16:07

I like to read and re-read all kinds of books when I'm resting, but I want some new ones. I want to try some hand applique and the selection of books is overwhelming. I thought you all might have some favorite books on applique, or maybe even machine, something with instructions or tips and nice pictures that I could get off Amazon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your favorite applique book?

I have 2 favorites and both are available on Amazon.

Soft-Edge Piecing by Jinny Beyer
Hop To It by Edyta Sitar

There's another applique book with old William Morris designs but I can't remember the name of the book. I didn't think the patterns were easy to use, but the pictures were great.

Kate

o

I have many but my favorites come from Pieco O' Cake Designs, and Carol Armstrong. Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins have wonderful patterns and I own most of their books. I took a class from Becky once and don't do it exactly as she does, but I do love their using all the polka dots and bright colors. See their website at pieceocake.com.

My second favorite is Carol Armstrong's books, mostly wild flower themed. I don't think she has a website but her books come up at Amazon and other vendors.

There are many more if you don't get enough suggestions right off the bat.

o

I'll look at some Pieco O' Cake books--at first glance, they look like they'd be full of fun summer colors.

Hi Kate! Now that you mention it, I got the Hop to It book back when you were posting your inspiring pictures of your version. I must go dig it up.

Is the soft edged piecing book different from broderie perse?

o

Good post! I've only bought one book and was disappointed, so I don't have any suggestions for you, but will definitely look up what other people suggest.

o

My typo - should read Piece O' Cake. Sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here