Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I did it! I did it! Finished in time.

Posted by toolgranny (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 15:51

I finally got this done in time to take with me to Mom's for Mother's Day. I was beginning to think I'd never make it. There's one problem on the back but she's not a quilter and won't know.

The back story to this for those who are new - My Mom has always refused to have a quilt until she saw one similar to this (but not nearly as nice) in a quilt show. I asked her if she'd use a quilt if I made that one and she agreed. So, I took a picture and made this. In the process, I had shoulder surgery and couldn't sew for months. But, I found I could applique if I held it low in my lap and pulled the thread sideways. So, these flowers were a part of my recovery process and then once able to sew, I assembled it and now quilted it. Took awhile as life gets in the way but now it's done. Mom is only 94 and very frisky so I hope she gets a few years of enjoyment out of it.

And, I'm glad it's done as I have baby quilts on the back burner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I did it! I did it! Finished in time.

Oh! Linda! That is absolutely stunning!
Words fail to describe how beautiful it is.
Hope your Mom is thrilled with it.
Theresa

o

It's magnificent and knowing what you went through to get it done makes it even more impressive. There is so much love in this quilt that it makes me tear up just looking at it.

Kate

o

Gorgeous! I am so happy you were able to finish it on time.
I love the colors & I am sure it is more beautiful in person.
Wish your Mom a Special Happy Mother's Day & give her an extra hug!

o

Linda, that is SOOO beautiful! Funny that your mom didn't want any quilts. But, my mom has some funny quirks, too (like she won't eat pizza for lunch, only for dinner).

I know your mom will love it.

Donna

o

Congratulations on your perseverance in finishing this stunning quilt! I know your Mom will love and cherish it for many a day....I marvel at your talent...
V.

o

Gorgeous, amazing....not enough great words for it. Lucky Mom.
LindaB/CA

o

That is another outstanding quilt. Some day I would love to applique half as well as you do.

beverly

o

Oh WOW! How beautiful is that? Very well done, Linda!

Teresa

o

Linda, your quilt is exquisite. I can't imagine the hours of stitching it must have taken. What a labor of love. Your applique skills are over the top.

o

Just beautiful!

o

What touching and beautiful gift of love. Your both so lucky to have each other. She will be so thrilled. Please take pictures of her enjoying the gift. Congratulations.

o

Beautiful!

o

Your quilt is fantastic! I know your mother will cherish it. I hope she has a special Mother's Day.

o

What a beautiful pattern and excellent production. I'm totally amazed that you accomplished this stunning work while recovering from shoulder surgery. your mother is sure to be extremely pleased with the result.

Kristene

o

That's a beautiful quilt!!! You did an outstanding job on it.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Bowing down before you, oh great one!!

It's spectacular!! May it be well-received, because it's certainly well-executed!!

o

Beautiful

o

Linda,
What a beautiful quilt - I am so glad you got it finished. I hope your mom loves it, too!
Sue

o

It's a stunning piece of art Linda! I'm sure she will love it. Congrats on being able to finish it for Mother's Day.

o

Beautiful!! Great job!

o

I love how you say so casually, "so I took a picture and made this". It is stunning. You are so talented. I'm glad you were able to finally make your mom a quilt she will love.

o

Yes, Linda, you are one talented lady! If your mom liked the one she saw at the show, she'll be over the moon on this one!! It's awesome!!!

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here