Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

I did it! I did it! Finished in time.

toolgranny
9 years ago

I finally got this done in time to take with me to Mom's for Mother's Day. I was beginning to think I'd never make it. There's one problem on the back but she's not a quilter and won't know.

The back story to this for those who are new - My Mom has always refused to have a quilt until she saw one similar to this (but not nearly as nice) in a quilt show. I asked her if she'd use a quilt if I made that one and she agreed. So, I took a picture and made this. In the process, I had shoulder surgery and couldn't sew for months. But, I found I could applique if I held it low in my lap and pulled the thread sideways. So, these flowers were a part of my recovery process and then once able to sew, I assembled it and now quilted it. Took awhile as life gets in the way but now it's done. Mom is only 94 and very frisky so I hope she gets a few years of enjoyment out of it.

And, I'm glad it's done as I have baby quilts on the back burner.

Comments (22)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Oh! Linda! That is absolutely stunning!
    Words fail to describe how beautiful it is.
    Hope your Mom is thrilled with it.
    Theresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

It's magnificent and knowing what you went through to get it done makes it even more impressive. There is so much love in this quilt that it makes me tear up just looking at it.

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! I am so happy you were able to finish it on time.
    I love the colors & I am sure it is more beautiful in person.
    Wish your Mom a Special Happy Mother's Day & give her an extra hug!

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Linda, that is SOOO beautiful! Funny that your mom didn't want any quilts. But, my mom has some funny quirks, too (like she won't eat pizza for lunch, only for dinner).

I know your mom will love it.

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Congratulations on your perseverance in finishing this stunning quilt! I know your Mom will love and cherish it for many a day....I marvel at your talent...
    V.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, amazing....not enough great words for it. Lucky Mom.
    LindaB/CA

• grammyp
    9 years ago

That is another outstanding quilt. Some day I would love to applique half as well as you do.

beverly

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Oh WOW! How beautiful is that? Very well done, Linda!

Teresa

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Linda, your quilt is exquisite. I can't imagine the hours of stitching it must have taken. What a labor of love. Your applique skills are over the top.

• jackier123
    9 years ago

Just beautiful!

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

What touching and beautiful gift of love. Your both so lucky to have each other. She will be so thrilled. Please take pictures of her enjoying the gift. Congratulations.

• bee0hio
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Your quilt is fantastic! I know your mother will cherish it. I hope she has a special Mother's Day.

• Kristene Smith
    9 years ago

What a beautiful pattern and excellent production. I'm totally amazed that you accomplished this stunning work while recovering from shoulder surgery. your mother is sure to be extremely pleased with the result.

Kristene

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

That's a beautiful quilt!!! You did an outstanding job on it.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Bowing down before you, oh great one!!

It's spectacular!! May it be well-received, because it's certainly well-executed!!

• calliope
    9 years ago

Beautiful

• polardream
    9 years ago

Linda,
    What a beautiful quilt - I am so glad you got it finished. I hope your mom loves it, too!
    Sue

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

It's a stunning piece of art Linda! I'm sure she will love it. Congrats on being able to finish it for Mother's Day.

• csackett
    9 years ago

Beautiful!! Great job!

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I love how you say so casually, "so I took a picture and made this". It is stunning. You are so talented. I'm glad you were able to finally make your mom a quilt she will love.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Yes, Linda, you are one talented lady! If your mom liked the one she saw at the show, she'll be over the moon on this one!! It's awesome!!!

SharonG/FL