Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SBQ finished at last!!!

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 15:49

I finished sewing the binding on Sylvia this morning!! It is such a pleasure to be finished. I still have to think about a label but that isn't thought through yet. I am giPhotobucket
ving itPhotobucket to my daughter Robin for her 60th BD.
It is so big that it is difficut to get pictures .119x96 inches. I have more in photobucket if you can access that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SBQ finished at last!!!

I have been in awe of this quilt and your talents since I first saw it -- and the finished work of art does not disappoint. Simply stunning. Congrats on finishing it and hugs for sharing it with us!

Kate

o

I am astonished. Your quilt is magnificent. I also am very impressed with your hand quilting and the beads that you sewed into the border. Very very nice job!

Lola

o

Congratulations Jayne!

o

Oh, WOW, Jayne! It's gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing it!

Donna

o

Very impressive! I am still plugging along on mine...I think I have about 45 blocks done. Maybe I will have it finished to give to my daughter for her 60th birthday....she is 24 now!

I am sure your daughter will love it!

Mary

o

I love it!!! I started making one years ago, but never finished it. It was primarily in peach. I decided I didn't like it and bought blue and brown fabric to start a new one! After seeing yours, I'm glad I chose the new colors.

Your daughter will certainly love it...but if she doesn't, I'll send her my address, because I would love to have it. TFS

o

LOL Mary!!!

It is gorgeous! I would have a hard time parting with it, even to my daughter.
Rosa

o

Beautiful. I am still working on mine. Have only 3 rows done. Keep putting it down and going back to it at a later time. Colleen

o

Your daughter will love this quilt, Jayne! You've put a lot of time and work along with heart and soul into it and your daughter will cherish it. Very well done!!!!

SharonG/FL

o

Super!!!!!!
I am in awe of you and the quilt!
Theresa

o

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Does she know about this quilt?

I have followed your progress from the beginning - even bought the book as soon as it was available and thought I would start it as a learning experience......instead, I watch you and decided I needed to get more experience and maybe start when you finished yours......now what's my excuse????? I can't top your beautiful quilt.

This is a gift for your daughter beyond any expectations. she is a lucky lady!

Thank you so much for sharing this journey.

o

Absolutely beautiful! Be very, very proud of yourself!

o

A stunning quilt, Jayne. Truly a work of art. Lois

o

Gorgeous!

Your daughter will love it.
Just thinking about doing a quilt as detailed as that, makes me tired.
You must have a LOT of patience.
I salute you.
It is indeed a work of art.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I am simply awestruck!

I started one for my granddaughter's wedding gift when she was 2. She's almost 5 now and I have less than 30 blocks completed. I'm pacing myself.

You are my inspiration in this long distance project.

Wow.

o

Your quilt is gorgeous! How many blocks? Doesn't it feel good to finish the never ending quilt? At least that is how I felt about my DWR!
I love the colors in the quilt too.
Linda OH

o

Thinking about Dian's plan: wouldn't it be cool to be able to use a little fabric from her favorite clothing over the years in even a few of the blocks?

o

I do appreciate all of your kind words as it makes finishing even sweeter.
There were 140 6 1/2" blocks, eash quilted differently to express the patterns theme.
I think Dian's idea is a good one and as Kate said using bits and pieces of her life would make it very special. Some of the blocks were very challenging and directions not always well written. I am looking forward to seeing how others interpret theirs.
That was my last large quilt. (I think). Looking for a good double Irish chain to try next with my bargain fabics.lol.

o

Beautiful!!! Such an impressive quilt! I know she will love it.

Teresa

o

That is an absolutely gorgeous quilt and I love the color pallet. But can someone clue me in on what SBQ stands for?

o

I have loved this quilt every time you posted a picture of your progress. I imagine your daughter will absolutely love it too.
Sue

o

Gosh! It is the most impressive quilt I've seen. Your color choices are unique and simply gorgeous. I'm sure your daughter will love this quilt and your family will treasure it for generations.
Vasu

o

Wonderfully made and your color choices WOW!

o

What an accomplishment! Cheers to you! Just a remarkable work!

Thanks for posting!
Gwen

o

Fran, SBQ: Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. It is taken from a book by Jennifer Chiaverini. She has written several books with "Sylvia" as one of their main characters.

o

That is simply amazing. It belongs in an art gallery under the title "Don't you wish you could do this?"

Wow.

o

That is quite a feat to finish one. I'm so jealous. I quit at 60 blocks and who knows if it will ever come back out of the drawer.

Good job. It's just magnificent.

o

That is one BEAUTIFUL quilt !!!I love your color choices and the pattern.Your DD is a very lucky lady to be receiving this.TFS
Kathi

o

Beautiful!! I hope I am able to stick with my DJ like you did with this one. This type of quilt I can look at over and over because of all the different blocks and detailing. And I'm sure your dd will cherish it, too.

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here