Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

SBQ finished at last!!!

nanajayne
11 years ago

I finished sewing the binding on Sylvia this morning!! It is such a pleasure to be finished. I still have to think about a label but that isn't thought through yet. I am gi

ving it
to my daughter Robin for her 60th BD.

It is so big that it is difficut to get pictures .119x96 inches. I have more in photobucket if you can access that.

Comments (29)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I have been in awe of this quilt and your talents since I first saw it -- and the finished work of art does not disappoint. Simply stunning. Congrats on finishing it and hugs for sharing it with us!

Kate

• lola99
    11 years ago

I am astonished. Your quilt is magnificent. I also am very impressed with your hand quilting and the beads that you sewed into the border. Very very nice job!

Lola

• karpet
    11 years ago

Congratulations Jayne!

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Oh, WOW, Jayne! It's gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing it!

Donna

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Very impressive! I am still plugging along on mine...I think I have about 45 blocks done. Maybe I will have it finished to give to my daughter for her 60th birthday....she is 24 now!

I am sure your daughter will love it!

Mary

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

I love it!!! I started making one years ago, but never finished it. It was primarily in peach. I decided I didn't like it and bought blue and brown fabric to start a new one! After seeing yours, I'm glad I chose the new colors.

Your daughter will certainly love it...but if she doesn't, I'll send her my address, because I would love to have it. TFS

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

LOL Mary!!!

It is gorgeous! I would have a hard time parting with it, even to my daughter.
    Rosa

• colleenny
    11 years ago

Beautiful. I am still working on mine. Have only 3 rows done. Keep putting it down and going back to it at a later time. Colleen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Your daughter will love this quilt, Jayne! You've put a lot of time and work along with heart and soul into it and your daughter will cherish it. Very well done!!!!

SharonG/FL

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Super!!!!!!
    I am in awe of you and the quilt!
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Does she know about this quilt?

I have followed your progress from the beginning - even bought the book as soon as it was available and thought I would start it as a learning experience......instead, I watch you and decided I needed to get more experience and maybe start when you finished yours......now what's my excuse????? I can't top your beautiful quilt.

This is a gift for your daughter beyond any expectations. she is a lucky lady!

Thank you so much for sharing this journey.

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Be very, very proud of yourself!

• loisflan
    11 years ago

A stunning quilt, Jayne. Truly a work of art. Lois

• day2day
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

Your daughter will love it.
    Just thinking about doing a quilt as detailed as that, makes me tired.
    You must have a LOT of patience.
    I salute you.
    It is indeed a work of art.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• User
    11 years ago

I am simply awestruck!

I started one for my granddaughter's wedding gift when she was 2. She's almost 5 now and I have less than 30 blocks completed. I'm pacing myself.

You are my inspiration in this long distance project.

Wow.

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

Your quilt is gorgeous! How many blocks? Doesn't it feel good to finish the never ending quilt? At least that is how I felt about my DWR!
    I love the colors in the quilt too.
    Linda OH

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Thinking about Dian's plan: wouldn't it be cool to be able to use a little fabric from her favorite clothing over the years in even a few of the blocks?

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I do appreciate all of your kind words as it makes finishing even sweeter.
    There were 140 6 1/2" blocks, eash quilted differently to express the patterns theme.
    I think Dian's idea is a good one and as Kate said using bits and pieces of her life would make it very special. Some of the blocks were very challenging and directions not always well written. I am looking forward to seeing how others interpret theirs.
    That was my last large quilt. (I think). Looking for a good double Irish chain to try next with my bargain fabics.lol.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! Such an impressive quilt! I know she will love it.

Teresa

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is an absolutely gorgeous quilt and I love the color pallet. But can someone clue me in on what SBQ stands for?

• polardream
    11 years ago

I have loved this quilt every time you posted a picture of your progress. I imagine your daughter will absolutely love it too.
    Sue

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

Gosh! It is the most impressive quilt I've seen. Your color choices are unique and simply gorgeous. I'm sure your daughter will love this quilt and your family will treasure it for generations.
    Vasu

• vicky4x4
    11 years ago

Wonderfully made and your color choices WOW!

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

What an accomplishment! Cheers to you! Just a remarkable work!

Thanks for posting!
    Gwen

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fran, SBQ: Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. It is taken from a book by Jennifer Chiaverini. She has written several books with "Sylvia" as one of their main characters.

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

That is simply amazing. It belongs in an art gallery under the title "Don't you wish you could do this?"

Wow.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That is quite a feat to finish one. I'm so jealous. I quit at 60 blocks and who knows if it will ever come back out of the drawer.

Good job. It's just magnificent.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

That is one BEAUTIFUL quilt !!!I love your color choices and the pattern.Your DD is a very lucky lady to be receiving this.TFS
    Kathi

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! I hope I am able to stick with my DJ like you did with this one. This type of quilt I can look at over and over because of all the different blocks and detailing. And I'm sure your dd will cherish it, too.

Robbi

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH