Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Blushing Aspens

loisflan
11 years ago

Here is the completed top for my sister's table runner. I can't believe I found the perfect backing and binding fabric. Not only were the colors exactly what I wanted, the pattern was totally appropriate too. Now I have to practice my FM quilting so I don't ruin it. Sorry for all the wrinkles; I should have ironed it before I took the photo.

Comments (18)

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Isn't it the greatest feeling when you find the perfect match for your work! You almost believe it was made just for you.
    The table runner is beautiful. Good luck with the FMQing.
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

That is gorgeous! I love the fabrics. My FMQing needs A LOT of practice lol!!!
    Rosa

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, it's beautiful! And your backing fabric really is perfect for it. I bet you didn't find it at JoAnn's - they NEVER have anything close to what I need! LOL

Donna

• User
    11 years ago

I was hoping you'd show us when you finished the top - love the colours. I'm a nature nut so of course the colours are right up my alley too.

• calverttx
    11 years ago

msmeow, I agree. I do not beleive Joann's in Bryan has anything new in 5 years. Hubby and I will drive over to the Round Rock, Texas area next week to see what I can find. Any suggestions from ladies from Temple to Round Rock will be appreciatged. The internet says there is a quilt shop in Georgetown. Any info?

BTW, the tablerunner is beautiful. Great Job.

• karpet
    11 years ago

Lois! That is beautiful! Your sister will love it!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

What a great job! Love the colors and fabric choices. They all work so well together. I am sure you will do just as well with the FMQ. Just practice before you start and take it slow and I know you will do just fine.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That's going to be wonderful. Such lovely colors. Good job.

• polardream
    11 years ago

It is beautiful - and if your sister doesn't like it, I would be happy to give it a home! The fabric you found for the back is absolutely perfect!
    Sue

• luvtosharedivs
    11 years ago

I love the gradual shift from blue to rusty brown and back again in the border. The backing is so beautiful, it could serve as a reversible runner.

Great job...pat yourself on the back!

Julie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Lois, Love the fabric and how you've put it together! Beautiful!!!!

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

This is just lovely, I really like the pattern and the backing is perfect...well done!
    Where did you find that pattern???

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is lovely. Your sister is sure to love it. If not, my address is...

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone.

Littlehelen, I first found the pattern in a book called Skinny Quilts & Table Runners II. When I tried to find fabric I realized that no one sold hand-dyed fabric like the pattern featured. One of the women at my LQS suggested I contact the designer, and, sure enough, she hand-dyed and sold the fabric for the pattern. Her name is Frieda Anderson, website www.friestyle.com. I visited there yesterday and found that she has many kits, mostly modern, for sale. She also sells just the pattern, so you can use your own fabric. This particular table runner seemed to need the gradation that only hand-dyed fabric can produce.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frieda's website

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Loisf...thanks much! I'll check it out...

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I'm a big Frieda Anderson fan. Your quilt turned out great! The colors, the pattern... I like it ALL! I want to do one of her patterns, or something in her style, in silks.

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Stunning! Thanks for the link!

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilt is gorgeous and I see how important the color choice was. That is interesting that you got it from Frieda. Good advice to contact the designer, I would not have thought of that.

And yes, I totally agree that your baking fabric couldn't be any more perfect.

Congratulations on making such a lovely table runner. Your sister is lucky!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County