Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new2quilting

SoCal quilt run

new2quilting
16 years ago

I had mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd start a new one. For the SoCal gals (or anyone thinking of coming to SoCal in July), the quilt run is two weekends in July, 12-15 and 19-22. There are about 34 shops participating, and there's a great map on the website if you just want to know where a lot of SoCal quilt shops are. Each store will be giving away free charm squares (I think 4) and will have a free pattern and many will also give away free little charms for a bracelet (they're cute, little scissors, and things like that) and this year's theme is "Let's All Go to the Movies". Some shops have contests (I know one has a quilt contest to make a quilt like the name of a movie!). There's a passport you can get stamps at each store and prizes to win for going to stores. I've never done one before, but it seems like fun and I'm planning to make a mini-road trip out of it. I'm in Los Angeles area, so if anyone wants to come up here I can drive them around/carpool or give advice on stores! It sounds like fun. --Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern California Quilt Run Shops

Comments (5)

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Thanks, Amy,

I may be interested. I'm in Torrance. How many shops/which direction are you planning to go?

Cheryl

• new2quilting
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cheryl, right now I have the crazy idea in my head to go to ALL 34 shops LOL! Since it's over two weekends I was thinking of maybe driving out to Desert Hot Spring the night before (I love the spa there) and then heading back, to LA and hitting the ones along the way and staying in the LA area the first weekend (just go out from home). Then going down to San Diego area/OC for the second. It sounds like fun to collect the charm squares and charms and patterns and things. Plus it would give me a chance to see more shops. I've had to go down to Newport Beach a few times, so I stopped by Luella's in Redondo (I may be taking a class there this weekend) and two in Anaheim while there. If you ever want to come up to the LA area stores, we've got some good ones. --Amy

• sue7972
    16 years ago

Amy,
    Thanks for the link. I might be able to hit the ones in Temecula and Murrietta but not sure about any others. My mom is having cataract surgery and I will be playing nurse in July. But if my sister is in town either of those weekends I might be able to venture out a little further.
    Sue

• new2quilting
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just a reminder, the quilt run is coming up this weekend and next! My plan is to drive out to Palm Desert Wednesday and hit a bunch of shops along the 10 on the way back to LA. Will probably try to visit a bunch around here the first weekend (we have about 3-4 within 15 miiles or so) and maybe venture as far as Anaheim. Then hoping to get down to San Diego the following weekend. Anyone else "running"? --Amy

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

oh man I really wish I could join you -- it sounds like so much fun and I'd love to meet some of you in person. Unfortunately I am just drowning in work right now and won't have a day off for a month or so. :-(

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer