Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crumb block Lovers ...

Posted by sunnycentralfl (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 14:57

Here is a lovely setting for our beloved Crumb Blocks...anyway, I think it is neat....hope you enjoy it too, even if it is in German!

Gwen - who's Bright House cable got fixed properly after a different tech person each day this week!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crumb block Lovers ...trying again

forgive me

Here is a link that might be useful: Renate's blog

o
RE: Crumb block Lovers ...

Amazing. When you set them with a dark block like that, they are spectacular. Thanks, Gwen.

o

Gwen, thanks for posting- I do like the crumbs with the dark blocks - alot! I'm saving my small pieces - one day, maybe I'll have enough.
Darn those cable guys - when I had a similar problem with my cable, I was told to make sure the Techs were company techs vs sub contractors. I saved all my paperwork, and when the same idiot kept showing up, I would refuse to let him in. Ask for their tech # - I started making notes on my paperwork-finally changed companies.

o

Thanks for posting, Gwen. I think I'll make one when I get home. Hope I remember......if you remember, will you remind me, please? Thanks. LOLOLOL

SharonG/FL-IN-MI

o

Thanks for posting that link! I love the look of that crumb quilt.

Teresa

o

Nice, love how the solid color calms the crumb blocks.

beverly

o

I enjoyed reading the blog. I had to laugh, however, because somewhere in the reading somebody mentioned a four inch square as a crumb. LOL. To me that is a large scrap. You should see the size of the pieces I call crumbs. Yes, yes and yes.......one monochromatic scheme of fabric integrated into a crumb quilt quiets it down and gives it cohesiveness and pulls it into a what one would percive as a planned pattern, even if it's a crazy quilt. I found that out by accident and use it a lot now and love that effect. In fact I saved a crumb crazy quilt I was gonna just give away, but ended up loving.

o

I just bought some really crummy muslin at the dreaded Joanne's to consider making /starting a crumb block quilt --see the influence you have on me???? This needs to be mindless stitching - no thought...I am going to separate by color, becasue I can't stand not to! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here