Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

New BOM I'm working on, Feathered Star Quilt

Robbi D.
10 years ago

This is one of the Hoop Sisters designs done on my embroidery machine, so it isn't quite so labor intensive (at least at this point!). I'm going to a class once a month where we do one block and they send us home with instructions for 11 more to do by the next month. It is supposed to be assembled like a QAYG quilt, but the teacher said it was more difficult, so we're just doing the blocks and then assembling them later and doing a SITD after the back is put on.

Also, my son wanted a quilt that covered his bed better (longer on the sides), so this one is for him and I let him pick the colors (black, red and gold/yellow). I am making the decisions on how they all go together as I make them and choosing the threads (lots of variegated). For me, that is very stressful!! Too many choices.

Anyhow, here are the first 12 squares (9 make one of the "stars"). They are only pinned together for the picture. The stitching on the outside of the star is a two tone twisted thread. Like the middle of the star, it didn't photograph very well.

Robbi

Comments (7)