Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need ideas !

Posted by gmom2-6boys (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 13:54

I have to quilt to make for a wedding. I would like to make a sampler quilt to follow the wedding vows. Are there any blocks for sickness or health, riches or poor. That kind of thing.
The only one I can find is from Elm Creek Quilters, a set of books I have followed for the last few years.
Any ideas or leads would be a great help.
Sharon
gmom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need ideas !

Try Quilters Cache and look through the names of all the blocks. None really represent those things but you can find names similar enough to tell them they do. Just put a label on the back with the names of each block.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilters Cache

o

Perhaps you can get some ideas from this blog:
http://biblequilts.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Bible Quilts

o

What a wonderful gift! I like the idea of using whatever blocks appeal to you and naming them to fit the vows.

I would recommend that you find out if they are speaking traditional vows or if they are writing their own. You may be able to personalize it even more if you know exactly what they are going to say. (Maybe use signature blocks and write the statements with a fabric pen?). Even some very traditional churches allow the bride and groom to write their own these days.

Kate

o

Here's another spin, get the vows printed and put them in the middle of the quilt and use the sampler quilt squares from Elm Creek to surround it.

o

I like all your ideas and I may have to use them but in the meantime I'm still looking. Nothing has just jumped right out at me.
Thank You
Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here