Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
top finished

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 13:43

This is the top with the HSTs made with Thangles. Glad they are out of my stash! LOL Lots of scraps out of the stash, too. Each block has a different cat fabric in the center. The block is called Contrary Wife.

I think it will go to my guild for our challenge this year, but I may decide to keep it. :) Tomorrow I'll load it on the frame and at least start quilting it. It's 58 X 75.

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: top finished

I love how scrappy your quilt is! Looks great!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Great use of scraps. But I will bet you still have more. They breed when we aren't looking. Also,like the piano key border.
Theresa

o

Love being able to use leftovers and still coming up with a nice looking quilt!

Ok, you math geniuses. How much fabric did she use? More than four yards for the front? Lots of pieces and don't forget to include the seam allowance. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Love the scrappiness!

o

LOL Sharon, yardage doesn't count! I only used small pieces in my scrap bins! Even the backing fabric doesn't count - it used to be one of my dining room drapes!

Donna

o

Love scrappy and you pulled it together very nicely. Good choice of pattern for scraps. Great job. TFS

o

Love the center cat motifs...achoooo!.....it looks great...nicely done!!
V.

o

I find it very hard to part with that one! Love scrap quilts and this one is a honey.

o

Of course it counts, Donna!!! You got it out of your stash and that counts!!! LOL

My scraps are separated into colorways, but I think it's time to put them altogether again and see how much I still have.

SharonG/FL

o

Lookin' good! I like all the color. I need to get scrappier.
LindaB/CA

o

Love those scrappy quilts!
I like the sashing color...works great with all the scraps.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Donna, what a fun, scrappy quilt. I see a lot of perfect HSTs there. Great work.

o

Lovely... I especially like the border!

o

Great job - love it!

o

Very nice! Good job working with all those scraps! I like that you used a central theme - kitties - in the center of each block. It helps to ground the quilt letting the eye focus.

What does your Guild do with the Challenge Quilts?

o

Edited to delete duplicate post.

This post was edited by magothyrivergirl on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 8:42

o

I love it too! I should get my scraps organized and make something.

The border is perfect for it!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here