Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilter needs advice

Posted by calverttx (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 13:11

http://www.quiltingmadeeasy.com/

Quilt is ready for final quilting on border. I am using a tape on pattern from the above website.

The Quilt. I have not cut the backing or the batting, it is just pinned up. I would prefer to quilt on machine using the feed dog up. Is this okay? Should I cut the backing and batting before or after the quilting?

I am sitting here with it on the floor shaking my head saying HMMMMMM. All of you ladies are so smart and you always help so let me hear from you. I need all the different ways I might do this. Thanks so much. Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilter needs advice

I have used this product during a year long QAYG class when I first started quilting. The website has a very, very good tutorial; read it and follow the directions, especially for positioning the corners.
On a regular home sewing machine, sandwich the quilt (top-batting-backing) quilt the center as you normally would. Position the Borders Made Easy on the borders one side at a time, then stitch with the feed dogs up. Follow the lines. It is easy for stitching.....not so easy to remove the paper afterwards.
I suggest you trace the pattern on some paper and stitch on a practice sample sandwich just to get the feel and stitch length correct. Practice will help get you into the groove.

Make sure you have enough Borders Made Easy rolls. Once sewn and torn away, it is destroyed. You cannot re-use it.

o

Hey mago, I did exactly as you instructed and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

o

You are very welcome! Glad it worked out. I would love to see a picture.

o

I have no idea how to post a picture, sorry.

o

Click here for Easy photo posting instructions.

Or click on the link below. (they both take you to a post on the Conversations page.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Photo Posting Instructions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here