Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
May Hello Sun BOM

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 12:59

I am happy to have my BOMs for May finished early. Last month I waited until the end of the month to make my blocks and felt guilty every time I worked on another project.
The Hello Sun blocks are so cheery. I love making them.
It's not too late to join!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Hello Sun pics and link to BOM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: May Hello Sun BOM

Yes, you are an "early bloomer" this month :-) Very nice, I noticed that too about not reversing the pattern this month. She's been good about it, but she just had a new grandbaby born, so she probably forgot.

I am enjoying these as well. Did you cut out the flower as one piece, or individual petals? I haven't cut mine yet. I still have a catch-up April block from a LQS BOM, then I can start my Mays.

o

Amy, I was wondering if you made your block. I did cut out the flower as one piece. Can't wait to see your block.
Linda OH

o

I got this one finished while it's still May! Had some trouble with this one, made another block and the flower was too close to the sun, so that'll be made into a pouch or bag or even a label. I don't normally redo, but just wasn't liking the other one.

Photobucket

--Amy

o

I like it! I had some problems with mine too. The pattern says it is reversed but it's not. I had to redo the flower. The grass was too short when I trimmed up the block so I added hills to make it reach the sides.
Linda

o

Yeah, I measured the pattern and it printed out less than 6-1/2" this month as well, so I made the grass bigger, but still had to add to the sun before squaring up the block. The designer became a grandma this month so I think she may have been a little distracted. I've been enjoying the blocks though.

o

I love how the flower is holding it's head up to the sun with a smile. I do the same thing after a cold spell. lol
Looking forward to seeing all these block together.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Cute! I really like the pieced sun.

o

I didn't have much yellow in my stash so I bought some strips and small pieces at the LQS not realizing the one strip was a railroad. You can see it to the far right, but I think it adds to the cuteness of these blocks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here