Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

top finished!

teresa_nc7
10 years ago

Here is the finished top to Chantilly #2, a quilt design from Terri Christopherson's "Mulberry Lane" book from Black Mountain Quilts. I made this same design several years ago to gift a friend at work. This quilt will go to my sister's man friend for his birthday in June; she commissioned me to make this for him.

It's simple half square triangles, but the fun comes when making all the colors come together. I used a lot of batiks in this; the size is approximately twin/large throw.

Comments (20)

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

Beautiful Teresa and great use of color! I love batiks and use them as often as I can.

Maryv

• day2day
    10 years ago

Beautiful quilt!
    I've seen many quilts using this pattern and they always look nice but yours really appeals to me. The colors come together so well.
    Great job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

That turned out very well. I like the nature inspired colors, too, it looks like a quilt they'd use in Rivendell, the elf city out of LOtR.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Teresa, this is a beautiful quilt. Love the batiks. The purple inner border really sets off the blocks. Wonderful job!

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Very nice. It sparkles with the color combination and fabrics. Your sister will be pleased with the results. Great job as always. TFS.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I like the way you put the colors together, Teresa. Good job!!!

• fran1523
    10 years ago

Isn't that what they call "Depression Block/" In any case your color choices and the narrow purple border set it apart from the ordinary.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Oh wow. I am working on a depression block quilt right now, and it's a very effective tesslation. Your fabric choices are spot on perfect and it's beautiful.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I love batiks and your color choices look wonderful together. This will definitely appeal to a man. Great job.

• bee0hio
    10 years ago

Very pretty! I like it a lot!

• bozogardener
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!

• lola99
    10 years ago

your quilt is really stunning. TFS

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

Beautiful!! Very soothing colors. I really like it!

Robbi

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Love it!! Your use of colors in the layout is perfect.

In my humble opinion...you just can't go wrong when batiks are in the picture...

V.

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think it is the Depression block, but at 6" finished and as it was called Chantilly in the book.....I think of this as Chantilly quilt #2. I could have used a few more fabrics in this and some blocks I made didn't make the cut - those are going on the back....waste not want not!

Tonight I'll check out Hobby Lobby for backing and batting so I can get started quilting.

Thanks for the nice comments!

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Gorgeous fabrics! The HL close to me doesn't carry a big line of fabrics.

Yous guys are making me look bad, I need to get to work lol!!!!
    Rosa

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I think it looks really pretty! I love the colors!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Love the quilt design and the colors. Looks a bit like stained glass with the deep red/purple.

LindaB/CA

• polardream
    10 years ago

Your choice of fabrics is incredible! The batiks are beautiful - I really like you narrow purple border. If your sister decides she doesn't like it for her man friend, you can just ship it out to Colorado and it will have a lovely home with me!!!
    Sue

• sunnycentralfl
    10 years ago

Oh Wow! Great man quilt! Love it!

Gwen