Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
top finished!

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 12:46

Here is the finished top to Chantilly #2, a quilt design from Terri Christopherson's "Mulberry Lane" book from Black Mountain Quilts. I made this same design several years ago to gift a friend at work. This quilt will go to my sister's man friend for his birthday in June; she commissioned me to make this for him.

It's simple half square triangles, but the fun comes when making all the colors come together. I used a lot of batiks in this; the size is approximately twin/large throw.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: top finished!

Beautiful Teresa and great use of color! I love batiks and use them as often as I can.

Maryv

o

Beautiful quilt!
I've seen many quilts using this pattern and they always look nice but yours really appeals to me. The colors come together so well.
Great job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

That turned out very well. I like the nature inspired colors, too, it looks like a quilt they'd use in Rivendell, the elf city out of LOtR.

o

Teresa, this is a beautiful quilt. Love the batiks. The purple inner border really sets off the blocks. Wonderful job!

o

Very nice. It sparkles with the color combination and fabrics. Your sister will be pleased with the results. Great job as always. TFS.

o

I like the way you put the colors together, Teresa. Good job!!!

o

Isn't that what they call "Depression Block/" In any case your color choices and the narrow purple border set it apart from the ordinary.

o

Oh wow. I am working on a depression block quilt right now, and it's a very effective tesslation. Your fabric choices are spot on perfect and it's beautiful.

o

I love batiks and your color choices look wonderful together. This will definitely appeal to a man. Great job.

o

Very pretty! I like it a lot!

o

Gorgeous!

o

your quilt is really stunning. TFS

o

Beautiful!! Very soothing colors. I really like it!

Robbi

o

Love it!! Your use of colors in the layout is perfect.

In my humble opinion...you just can't go wrong when batiks are in the picture...

V.

o

I think it is the Depression block, but at 6" finished and as it was called Chantilly in the book.....I think of this as Chantilly quilt #2. I could have used a few more fabrics in this and some blocks I made didn't make the cut - those are going on the back....waste not want not!

Tonight I'll check out Hobby Lobby for backing and batting so I can get started quilting.

Thanks for the nice comments!

o

Gorgeous fabrics! The HL close to me doesn't carry a big line of fabrics.

Yous guys are making me look bad, I need to get to work lol!!!!
Rosa

o

I think it looks really pretty! I love the colors!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Love the quilt design and the colors. Looks a bit like stained glass with the deep red/purple.

LindaB/CA

o

Your choice of fabrics is incredible! The batiks are beautiful - I really like you narrow purple border. If your sister decides she doesn't like it for her man friend, you can just ship it out to Colorado and it will have a lovely home with me!!!
Sue

o

Oh Wow! Great man quilt! Love it!

Gwen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here