Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surprise - I Love You Butterfly Quilt

Posted by mcpeg (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 12:28

...not quite done. Still have antennae to do and a white blanket stitch around the heart and letters.

I have quilt shop Moda flannel for the back and I am putting a light polyester batting in the middle

The colours are off - it's lavender with a super dark pink letters/border but you get the idea. I've cut out and have the blocks done for 4 more quilts. The border fabrics may change a bit due to lack of fabric stock (I'll get more as close as I can.

It's about the size of a crib blanket. This photo is really washed out. Will have another once everything is completed.

I Love You!
Peggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surprise - I Love You Butterfly Quilt

Peggy, it's absolutely precious!

o

An adorable quilt. Love the butterflies. The fabric you used really makes them come alive. Lois

o

I love the use of the solid colored fabrics, which bring out the colors in the print butterflies.

Excellent design!

Julie

o

I love it! Great colors - great design-hope you sell many, or as many as you can make :)

I suggest you make a boy version! The same but with a boy applique. You could go crazy with this design and make a generic version with a teddy bear or whatever!

o

I have a ton of ideas for quilts - I was thinking of making a pattern proper out of this and sell the patterns in time. I do have an idea for boys as well. And sometimes the fabric prints give me ideas for patterns. My sewing will improve over time. It's not manufactured so when I have my little quilts to sale there will be some things not perfect but that is the charm of home/hand made quilts. I don't have a fancy embroidery or sewing machine. And given practice I will get fussier and fussier over my workmanship. I'm looking forward to this journey with my fabric crayons.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My next quilt I'm itching to do is a bird print....in blues.

o

what a clever girl you are. It's just delightful. Good job.

o

I love how you used the same fabric for the butterflies, very pretty!
Rosa

o

How sweet! It looks great, Peggy!

SharonG/FL

o

Peggy, it's beautiful!
Good job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here