Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Veterans Day

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 12:23

My 21yo nephew in Afghanistan posted that they were all sitting around discussing what Veterans Day meant to them. He is in a young aged troop.

He said this is the first time he has really appreciated Veterans Day, in the past it was just a day to have a picnic!

Dh said he was the only vet in his group at AT&T and he always had to work on Veterans Day lol.

The military is cutting the deployment times short for some, so maybe we are starting to pull out. I grew up on the border of Ft. Stewart and the Vietnam War and we have a large number of military in our town so Veterans Day is a big deal for us BUT I am so ready for world peace.

Thank you to all of the vets and their families!
Rosa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Veterans Day

Veteran's Day is November 11th so I assume you meant Memorial Day, formerly called Decoration Day. It also honors veterans and the front of my house is covered in flags in honor of our uncle who lived with us and died last year at age 93. He landed at Omaha Beach and men like him are honored all over the cemetarys today as we remember. It's also a day to remember lost loved ones who weren't veterans.

o

Sitting here without AC is getting to me Linda lol!!! Yes, I meant Memorial Day!!!!

o

Great graditude for our troops and their families for all the sacrifices they have made for us. Both my Bro (a paratrooper) and my oldest son (Navy man) served. I purposely called them to today to thank them, if no one had done that for them yet.

Gwen

o

Memorial Day & Veteran's Day - we should all appreciate the sacrifices the families of all our troops make every single day ~ especially on these days we show our gratitude with flags flying high and parades, too much to eat & drink, and a day off from the normal work to play ~ because we can :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here