Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Cabin in the Woods is finished

loisflan
11 years ago

This is the one made from fabrics that I felt obligated to buy, because I spent so much of the quilt shop owner's time in choosing them. Now that it's quilted and bound, it's growing on me. I like the mix of modern fabrics with the traditional log cabin pattern. I don't have a home for it now, but I'll just keep it in reserve. I'm sure something will come up.

Comments (18)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Very nice and unusual, Lois! I like the neutral color scheme - it looks very cozy!

Donna

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Gorgeous colors! Nice job!

• fran1523
    11 years ago

I like it a lot too. It's a unique setting for log cabin blocks.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Very nice use of the fabric and color choices. Did you do the quilting? Looks like it belongs with the pattern.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! I love the fabrics and the way you complemented them with the logs! Gorgeous quilting too!!
    Rosa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I admire your dedication to finish this even though you dislike the fabrics. I really like the floral and the quirky offset gold. The other colors and fabrics certainly make this a very pretty combination, but I think "your personal style" is more modern and less traditional, and it may be the traditional Log Cabin blocks that bug you. It is a very pretty quilt, and someone else will love it! The quilting is very nice as well.

I wish all my customers felted obligated to buy from me because I spent alot of time with them! I laughed!! Salespeople are used to rejection (or they get out of sales) - next time, don't let someone lead you down a path and listen to your gut! You have made beautiful quilts and I have loved your fabric selections.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Lois, I think the fabrics all go together very well and it's a very unique design. Great job on the quilting! A job well done!

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I love the colors and I think you did a beautiful job. I'm sure several homes will be offered in time. Good job.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I wish I could take credit for the quilting. All I did was choose the thread color and the pantograph pattern. My LAQ did the rest.

Marsha, I think it's a combination of several thinks. I am not a fan of blue or gold. I don't buy clothing in those colors - I just don't feel comfortable in them. Maybe it's all those years of wearing a blue uniform to school. I really liked the focus fabric, but I probably should have bought it in the poppy red colorway. What other colors could you use but what we did with that focus fabric? The second thing is that the pattern is so "uneven" - heavily pieced areas and then large swaths of the focus fabric.

I think I'm going to stop analyzing it and just appreciate the fact that many of you like it and that someday it will find a good home. And I have learned to just walk out if the fabric is not fitting together well. Forcing fabrics just doesn't work.

• day2day
    11 years ago

I like it! The colors are serene.
    It looks so warm and cozy.
    I can see it draped across a sofa with a fireplace in front of it. The colors would glow softly in the firelight.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• bev2009
    11 years ago

The quilt is different, but I think your fabric selections go great together and I really like the more modern twist with the way you have put it together. I also admire your sticking with it to get 'er done! And with the beautiful quilting, I would say it is a winner. Someone will love having this quilt.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

It's a very pretty quilt!! In fact, my husband would pick it over many others because of the colors. Those shades are what he wears and chooses all the time :-) It will be nice to have something for a future gift and I'm sure the new owner will love it!!

Robbi

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Robbi, funny you should say that about your husband. My husband told me that of all the quilts I've made (only about 6), this is his favorite. He thinks it has an Asian feel to it.

• lola99
    11 years ago

I like it! I particularly like the modern feel with the traditional pattern.

Lola

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Lois, it took a second viewing before I recognized the poppy fabric as one I had in red. I LOVE that print and the way you used it in large blocks. I didn't save my salvage and can't remember who's fabric it is. Do you know? I would love to search for more of it but need a place to start!

Thanks!
    Kate

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, the fabric you are looking for is from the Gallery Fiori Collection by P&B Textiles. Your pattern number is GAFI 341 TR. Marsha found this website for me before. As I recall, they have a list of the shops that purchased their fabrics.

Here is a link that might be useful: P & B Fabrics

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, that was the website of a retailer (who might have it). Here is the P & B Textiles site.

Here is a link that might be useful: P & B Textiles

• User
    11 years ago

Lois, I love the way the yellow bars pick up the yellow. A beautiful combination of something old, something and something blue! Anyone you know having a wedding? Makes a fantastic present too...

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz