Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Laminated Cotton Fabric

K8Orlando
11 years ago

On the "pleated purse" thread some of you were asking about laminated fabric. I bought mine from fabric.com although now that I know about it I've seen it at some of the local quilt shops too. It's very easy to sew on, although it requires some pinning because it can be slippery. I tried "oil cloth" too and found it to be almost identical to use although I believe it's made by a different method.

Here's the descriptive blurb from the fabric.com site:

These laminated fabrics have a soft, protective film laminated to the face of the cotton fabric. It's softness makes this cloth extremely pliable for fashion, the durability combined with easy-care convenience (cleans up easily with a damp cloth) can be brought to your table with great style. Perfect for raincoats and hats, shower curtains, diaper and tote bags, tablecloths and placemats too!

You can find LOTS of laminated fabrics here: Laminated Cottons. They have patterns too. I originally bought some to make a backpack but haven't done that (yet). I used it to make a huge tote bag and part of my new purse.

If you try it, post pictures! I would love to see what others do with it.

Kate

Comments (7)