Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trail run quilt requests

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 10:40

DH hopes to finish my new sewing tables today and we should be able to get them put in tonight or tomorrow. That means I can get back to sewing again. I am trying to get the trail run quilts done earlier this year so thought I would post and see if anyone can help me out. I will have to make 2 of each quilt so help is appreciated. Once again I am willing to repay fabric and postage with FQs, cash or whatever you need.

For the first set I will need 4 patches finished 4" (start with 2 1/2 in squares) of beige-brown. Going for scrappy so any colors from light tan to dark brown will do. They will be combined with greens 4x8 blocks to make this pattern.

Sticks and stones photo DSCF2089.jpg

For the next set I will need HSTs to finish 4 1/2 inches in greens and neutrals of beige to browns. Still going for scrappy so any colors as long as the green is darker than the neutral.

Rachel's quilt photo CIMG0003.jpg

The last quilt will be a strip quilt. If you have some spare 2 1/2 strips in greens or neutral (once again beige to brown) I would appreciate a few of those, too. Not sure if I will make the jelly roll or something else.

photo DSCF2736_zps3701ea8f.jpg

Thanks for everything you have done to help with my other quilts. Looking forward to getting these started.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trail run quilt requests

I'm in for HSTs in tan and green. I have lots of tan leftovers from my depression block quilt. I'll sew them up if you'll trim to size.

Linda

o

Bev-just to clarify - do you want the HST to measure 4 1/2" when we send them to you? Confusion on my part w/ the finish/unfinish interpretation - I don't want to send them too small.

When do you need these?

o

Bev, You can count me in for some beige and brown 4 patches...would a few batiks be ok, or do you prefer only cotton?
V.

o

Bev,

I'm searching through my scraps and will send you whatever I can to suit the quilts you are doing. I'm happy to help you out

Kristene

o

Yes, Marsha, HSTs sent to me at 4 1/2. Larger is ok, I can trim. Batiks will be fine, I have some I am using. I hope to start on them in July but it will take me a while to get 6 done. There is no big hurry on them.

Thanks everyone.
beverly

o

I can send you some strips of green and will search through my stash of triangles to see if there's anything suitable. This will be fun!

SharonG/FL

o

Green strips coming your way tomorrow.

Jackie

o

Thanks Jackie, I'll keep a look out for them.

beverly

o

I'm happy to help, but it will probably be another week or so before I'm able to send anything. I assume that will not be too late?

o

Jackie, your strips got here today. They are perfect! Thanks so much.

Lola, I have 6 quilts to make. It is not too late and I would appreciate all help.

beverly

o

Beverly,
I am just putting everything back into my sewing room and I can help out. I know I had your address, but can't find it. I really should get organized one day!!

So, please email me your home address!!!!!!!
Rosa

o

Sharon, your strips and HSTs got here yesterday. Thanks so very much, they will be perfect.

beverly

o

Linda, your HSTs and squares arrived today. Such lovely fabrics! Thanks so much they are perfect.

beverly

o

Valerie, your 4 patches got here today and they are exactly what I needed. Thanks so much.

beverly

o

Kristene, your 4 patches and strips arrived today. They are perfect, thanks so much.

beverly

o

Beverly,

I sent another package out to you today.

Jackie

o

Thanks Jackie, I'll be looking for it.

beverly

o

Package going out tomorrow with strips and 4 patches.
I hope I sew better than I wrap packages :).
Theresa

o

Thank you Theresa. I'm sure they will be just fine.

beverly

o

Jackie, your package arrived the day we went camping. Theresa, I received 2 packages today, thanks so much. Kristene, yours arrived today, too.

Thanks everyone, the patches and strips are just perfect.

beverly

o

Beverly- I sent your pkg Priority Mail today - look for a little box - I am so behind - sorry I am so late getting these mailed to you.
Life got in my way!

o

Thank you so much, and you are not late. I won't start on them till next week so these will be right on time.

beverly

o

Marsha, thank you so much. The blocks and strips are perfect and I really love the turtle. He does look just like Sylacauga Bill.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here