Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Trail run quilt requests

grammyp
10 years ago

DH hopes to finish my new sewing tables today and we should be able to get them put in tonight or tomorrow. That means I can get back to sewing again. I am trying to get the trail run quilts done earlier this year so thought I would post and see if anyone can help me out. I will have to make 2 of each quilt so help is appreciated. Once again I am willing to repay fabric and postage with FQs, cash or whatever you need.

For the first set I will need 4 patches finished 4" (start with 2 1/2 in squares) of beige-brown. Going for scrappy so any colors from light tan to dark brown will do. They will be combined with greens 4x8 blocks to make this pattern.

For the next set I will need HSTs to finish 4 1/2 inches in greens and neutrals of beige to browns. Still going for scrappy so any colors as long as the green is darker than the neutral.

The last quilt will be a strip quilt. If you have some spare 2 1/2 strips in greens or neutral (once again beige to brown) I would appreciate a few of those, too. Not sure if I will make the jelly roll or something else.

Thanks for everything you have done to help with my other quilts. Looking forward to getting these started.

beverly

Comments (23)

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

I'm in for HSTs in tan and green. I have lots of tan leftovers from my depression block quilt. I'll sew them up if you'll trim to size.

Linda

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Bev-just to clarify - do you want the HST to measure 4 1/2" when we send them to you? Confusion on my part w/ the finish/unfinish interpretation - I don't want to send them too small.

When do you need these?

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Bev, You can count me in for some beige and brown 4 patches...would a few batiks be ok, or do you prefer only cotton?
    V.

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

Bev,

I'm searching through my scraps and will send you whatever I can to suit the quilts you are doing. I'm happy to help you out

Kristene

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Marsha, HSTs sent to me at 4 1/2. Larger is ok, I can trim. Batiks will be fine, I have some I am using. I hope to start on them in July but it will take me a while to get 6 done. There is no big hurry on them.

Thanks everyone.
    beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I can send you some strips of green and will search through my stash of triangles to see if there's anything suitable. This will be fun!

SharonG/FL

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Green strips coming your way tomorrow.

Jackie

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jackie, I'll keep a look out for them.

beverly

• lola99
    10 years ago

I'm happy to help, but it will probably be another week or so before I'm able to send anything. I assume that will not be too late?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jackie, your strips got here today. They are perfect! Thanks so much.

Lola, I have 6 quilts to make. It is not too late and I would appreciate all help.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Beverly,
    I am just putting everything back into my sewing room and I can help out. I know I had your address, but can't find it. I really should get organized one day!!

So, please email me your home address!!!!!!!
    Rosa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sharon, your strips and HSTs got here yesterday. Thanks so very much, they will be perfect.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linda, your HSTs and squares arrived today. Such lovely fabrics! Thanks so much they are perfect.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Valerie, your 4 patches got here today and they are exactly what I needed. Thanks so much.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kristene, your 4 patches and strips arrived today. They are perfect, thanks so much.

beverly

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Beverly,

I sent another package out to you today.

Jackie

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jackie, I'll be looking for it.

beverly

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Package going out tomorrow with strips and 4 patches.
    I hope I sew better than I wrap packages :).
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Theresa. I'm sure they will be just fine.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jackie, your package arrived the day we went camping. Theresa, I received 2 packages today, thanks so much. Kristene, yours arrived today, too.

Thanks everyone, the patches and strips are just perfect.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Beverly- I sent your pkg Priority Mail today - look for a little box - I am so behind - sorry I am so late getting these mailed to you.
    Life got in my way!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, and you are not late. I won't start on them till next week so these will be right on time.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marsha, thank you so much. The blocks and strips are perfect and I really love the turtle. He does look just like Sylacauga Bill.

beverly