Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roll Roll Cotton Boll finished!

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 10:22

Okay, everyone, here it is (FINALLY)! This was Quiltville's 2010 mystery quilt. One of the steps was making 60 string blocks using neutral strips. I quickly discovered I HATE making string blocks so moved on to the next step. I finished all the steps up to assembling the top and put it away.

Many months later I decided to finish the top. I found out I still needed 30 more of those dang string blocks! Ugh. I started working on them and for some reason it wasn't as bad as the first time and they were done pretty quickly.

Then the completed top went back into the closet for a few more months till I decided it was time to quilt it.

Photobucket

I tried to take closeups of the quilting but the flash washed most of them out. Here is one of the pieced blocks:

RRCB detail

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roll Roll Cotton Boll finished!

Good work! Glad you persevered because it is lovely.
Theresa

o

What a lot of work. Lovely quilt. Getting a large UFO done really will make you feel great. Good job.

o

Gorgeous Donna!!! I saved that pattern. I love her finished quilts BUT I also have a hard time making 200+ units at a time lol!!!!

When I follow her mysteries it takes me a week to do what she does in an hour!!!
Rosa

o

Oh my goodness. That is beautiful and such a lot of work. I'm very impressed. It always feels so great to finish any project you have been working on for a long time.!

o

Your quilt is beautiful!
I am glad you persevered and got it finished.
You must have breathed a big sigh of relief when that last stitch was done! :)
Well done!

~Geraldine

o

Congratulations on finishing. I feel the challenge!
That is a LOT of work and well done, I know you have to be very proud to have it out of the closit and on the bed. It is an organized scrappy and the 1/2 sq. triangles tie it together very nicely. Nice job. TFS

o

Congrats on finishing your quilt, it turned out beautifully!
I am always so leary about doing mystery quilts - I am not good at giving up control and trusting that it will turn out okay. (I have been known to cheat and wait until I see what the final product looks like before I start!)

Sue

o

Aren't you glad you finished? It's awesome. I love making string blocks. You quilting is very nice too.

o

Beautiful! I really like the light colors, most I've seen have been dark and blue or brown overall.
I admire your dedication to work with all those little pieces. A wonderful project to finish over the long (hot) weekend.

o

Oh Donna, how pretty! I know you are glad to be finished! I am so glad you found the string blocks to be "not so bad"...lol...me too!

Thx for posting!
Gwen

o

Donna, what an enormous task. You did a wonderful job. The string blocks turned out very well; they don't look like you hated making them. Congratulations on a beautiful quilt well done. Lois

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here