Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tell me about 3D Pinwheels and Geese

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 9:15

What happens in the wash? How do they look after a few trips in the washer and dryer?

I am considering making a quilt that has alot of both, but it would be a quilt to be used often & I wonder how the loose geese and pinwheels look after awhile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tell me about 3D Pinwheels and Geese

Marsha,
I made a 3D pinwheel baby quilt and it looked great until the baby actually started using it lol!!! The pinwheels do not look the same after washing and drying unless you take the time to press them into shape.

I noticed they had flatted just from being folded in a box to wrap. I made my pinwheels smaller and the quilt was still cute.

My friend used premanent press for the pinwheels and she says she likes the way they look much better, but they still lose the 'puff'.

The only time I have used 3D geese I sewed them down like a Cathedral Window.
Rosa

o

Thanks Rosa, that is what I expected. So knowing this, I do not want to make them 3D if I decide to make this particular quilt.

o

Marsha,
For the amount of time I spent folding, ironing, and then ironing the center flat I felt it was too time consuming. And it does make a heavier baby quilt. But it was still cute!!

o

I made a jeans quilt with 3-D pinwheels for my g'son's girlfriend. I started out makeing the larger pinwheels and decided early out that it might make a looser floppier block than I wanted, so kept those blocks and then made it with a considerably smaller pinwheel. I was much happier with that, and figure there won't be the disorganisation there would have been with the larger pinwheel. That quilt will get ironed when pigs fly.....this is a teenager. LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here