Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
May show and tell

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Thu, May 5, 11 at 8:45

I thought I saw a thread for May projects, but can't find it now! So if this is a duplicate, I apologize.

I finished this quilt the other day for our niece's college graduation gift. I made a matching pillowcase, too.

Photobucket

Her graduation is Sat. in Texas. We'll give her the quilt later on after she's home in Florida. I can't see dragging it all the way to TX just so someone has to drag it back to FL!

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: May show and tell

Donna, very pretty! Did I read you have a 9" throat machine on a frame?
I agree not to take it ~ it is way to hectic moving a college grad back home..... why risk some well educated college friend using it as a moving pad - or worse! Seriously, your decision to give the quilt to her when she gets home is very wise!!

o

Thanks! I have a 9" Juki on an original Hinterberg frame.

o

Beautiful! Love the border fabric.

o

I decided to embroider a label and since I was embroidering anyway, I got crazy and decided to monogram her pillowcase, too!
Photobucket

o

That fabric is beautiful!
salijo

o

I love your quilt and the pillowcase fabric. What a lovely gift. She'll be bragging about it to her kids years from now so I'm glad you are labeling it.

o

A beautiful quilt and lovily gift. She is so lucky any will have a wonderful homecoming. Fun extending special times and a wise decision. Like the idea of a pillow case. I have been giving that some thought for a quilt I am makine. Jayne

o

Donna, very pretty fabrics, beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

It's beautiful!!!! I love the idea of the matching pillow case too.
Rose

o

Beautiful! I love the fabric you used for the border and pillowcase.

o

I think both are beautiful.

o

Thank you all! The graduation was Saturday. She graduated Magna Cum Laude and with departmental honors, which apparently means her GPA in her field (Theater Production) was higher than her overall GPA.

Once she gets settled back at home and working at Disney we'll make a date to give it to her.

Donna

o

beautiful!
I'm feeling a bit antsy ... I have a graduation quilt half done but I'm traveling with my mom and won't be able to work on it until next weekend (just before the graduation!) since I'm out of town. Just a couple small sections to quilt and add the binding. I love the pillowcase you made and might try to get one of those done too!

o

Polar, the pillowcase only took about an hour to make! I Googled "free pillowcase pattern" and got to a website sponsoring the 1,000,000 pillowcase challenge, and the pattern was available there. Very easy!

Donna

o

May has been really busy but I got a couple things finished up as well as birthday blocks & a couple for the block lotto.
I had the top pieced so I finished this one for my son's girlfriend for her birthday on Friday. She had admired it and her favorite color is purple so it seemed like a good choice.
Katie's birthday quilt

This stack & whack is for a former student (I also taught with her mom). I got it done then my mom sewed the binding for me (thanks Mom!)
Sarah's graduation quilt

Donna,I followed the "sausage roll" tutorial and made the pillowcase to go with using the fabric the stack & whack is from.
Sarah's pillowcase

I was out of town during the graduation so will give it to her tomorrow.
Sue

o

Very nice, Sue! The pillowcase turned out great...I like the piping. I will probably use that pattern again!

Donna

o

Those are great, Sue. You're getting a lot done. Love the purple blocks.

o

Beautiful!!! I have to try the stack 'n whack.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here