Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? May10-12

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

Wow, this week went by quickly! I was in Columbus until Wed. and I am going back on Saturday. My DD and I went to a couple quilt shops on Tuesday. We found a shop that is new to us. DD loved it because they carry some of the modern Moda fabrics. We chose fabrics for a baby quilt. I am embroidering monkeys to be used with these fabrics. I have had the pattern from a magazine since 2008 and started the embroidery last year when my Viking machine was in for a cleaning.
I won't get to start working with my new fabrics until I get home again.
Are you quilting or sewing this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (19)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Linda, those will make a bright and beautiful quilt!

No sewing for me - my sister is flying in early this afternoon for the weekend. We'll go to Lakeland tomorrow & Sunday to visit mom then take her back to the airport Sun. afternoon.

This has been an exhausting week so by Sun. night I will be ready to curl up and sleep for about 12 hours!

Donna

• calliope
    10 years ago

LOL.........I have several of those same pattern prints. Needless to say, if I bought them then I like them too! I know you are having fun visiting quilting shops with your DD, but bet you are itching to get back to your machine too.

Yes, if you count today as the weekend, I just came down from the sewing room where I spent my morning hour as per routine. I am assembling at least one 12" depression block per day and cutting and assembling enough HST for one or two more, trying to keep the supply ahead of the demand. I'm sure liking this pattern and it's going to be another quilt I'll have great difficulty giving away and end up keeping. ;-)

The forecast for the weekend calls for rain and a possible frost Sunday night.......that may translate into a little extra quilting time with no guilt since most of the planting I need to do in the veggie plot are tender and wont' stand a frost.

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I've been pretty productive this week, and hope to sew together three panels for the back of a quilt that's waiting to find a quilter.

Saturday and Sunday are pretty busy with scout activities and my brother & family here for dinner Saturday. So maybe not much more sewing than that.

I might try to get one more fabric ironed so I can begin cutting my niece's quilt out.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone if I'm not back here before then. I'm hoping to get a storm door for my front entrance! That would be very exciting for me! Hope you all get blessed!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Great fabric colors, Linda.

Hoping to get a lot of the quiltng done on this quilt....even though I like it, I'm getting tired of it and want to move on. I have Barn #6 ready to sew. I'm using a Maverick Star block made with 2 1/2" squares for the quilt block. I saw that Bonnie Hunter had made four of them for a 12 1/2" block and they looked pretty cool. I can see them splashed across a quilt of squares but I'd have to use white for the star, not just light colored fabric.......would be a long term project and I would probably forget what I was doing.........sigh.

SharonG/FL

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Love the bright fabrics, Linda.

I finished the depression block quilt and am now finishing my challenge quilt. I hope to quilt it today so I can take it to work tomorrow and tack down the binding. I need small hand projects to sit at my desk and it's nice to have a change from my constant applique. Now, if I can figure a way to take the featherweight just think what I can accomplish. Hmmmm.

Happy Mothers Day to all of us.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

This has been a busy week. I put out 6 bags of mulch in my large back yard flowerbed. I walked 3 miles this week and started lifting weights again. I completed all the blocks for my good friend Christy's grandbaby quilt. Once I finalize the layout of the center blocks later this weekend I want to start hand-sewing all the blocks together and will continue into next week doing that. Hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day. My mom and sister and family are coming to visit Saturday so not sure yet just how much sewing I am going to get done this weekend.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I Echo all the Mother's Day greetings!!
    I spent a good part of the week in the garden in good weather. And yesterday, I took a day off and made this month's lotto blocks. Does that count for the weekend?
    And if it rains tomorrow, I will start work on a couple of baby quilts. Fabric is staring me in the face ( and has been for a couple of weeks).
    Theresa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

My stepson, Luke, is coming in from Denver tonight, so I get to give him his quilt. I hope to get some more done on my aunt's quilt, but Sunday is sailboat launching day, so that takes priority. We will probably also get our pontoon boat out of storage, clean it and launch it this weekend too. Then there's gardening... Spring is certainly a busy time of year, especially when it comes so late.

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

I will be a busy weekend, but I am doing a lot of sewing. I'm putting the binding on a wall hanging tonight. I plan to give it to my mother for her birthday next weekend. I'll post a picture when it's done.

Happy Mother's Day to all!!

• polardream
    10 years ago

Both my mom and MIL flew in Wednesday night and will spend 10 days with us. Mom is a quilter, MIL not. Mom will help me pick out some fabrics to make a retirement quilt for a teacher friend I worked with - probably DP9P since they go quickly and I need to get it done by the end of the month! Also will probably shop for some fabrics son's fiance's sister's high school graduation quilt.(boy, that's a mouthful!) Maybe will do a stack and slash pattern since mom hasn't made one and wanted to learn how.

DS & fiance will come to church with us Sunday, brunch with her family, then dinner back here with us. Looking forward to having them all here (and I don't mind cooking since we will all be together!).

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Sue

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I am having such a good day ... my favorite S-I-L stopped by our house after school and showed M-I-L and I how to work M-I-L's new Brother sewing machine and it even does letters, then S-I-L helped me oil my Singer 5050 sewing machine, and then with her help we figured out how to work my different stitch cams and how to get the machine to all the stitches - so yay! have had my Singer since 2004, but up until now have only been able to do straight and zig zag stitches - so yay! I now have my machine to play with and M-I-L's - it's gonna' be a great summer. Think I may pull out my UFO crazy quilt project and play with these decorative stitches this summer. I am so happy! :-) And Christy chose the center blocks quilt layout she wants, which is the same one I originally wanted to do will upload a pic of it to thread I have going for her quilt.

Best to you and Happy Mother's Day!,
    Sandra

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

I'm stitching along on my 30's Friendship Garden, and playing on EQ7 with an Improved Nine-patch that I hope to do on my machine.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Love the colors you selected!

Happy Mom's Day to all the mom's out there! I hope to sneak in assembling a block today, but I won't have time for much else. Found some lime green paisley, turquoise, and limey fabric in stash...put together one block and found i just love it...now I'm on a new mission to do a few more for a lap quilt.

Heading to the garden store today so I can make my flower pots this week, then off to visit my brother, SIL, niece and great nieces and nephew on Sunday. Then Sunday nite is the Survivor finale if there's any other survivor fans out there. I only watch one , maybe two TV shows, and that is one that sucked me in.

Enjoy yourweekend!
    V.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I have the binding made and ready to trim my "30's" practice quilt....Trying to use up some fabric in the stash and play with different ideas. Not any thing special and have not idea where it will end up. But something to do. lol
    Happy Mother's Day everyone. Enjoy.

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Finished my challenge quilt. Yeaaaaaaaay!

Now heading on to finish up lotto block samples. For every one I try, I've thrown out one I didn't like.

Now I'll plan a new project (or finishing an UFO) just for me.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Barn #6 is finished, 8 FM stars are done and I pulled out the 3-D pinwheel blocks that have been set back for quite awhile and sewed them together. Also have the border cut and sewed together and only need to sew it to the pinwheels. It's a smaller one (31"X 45"), but at least I'll be able to knock it off the WIP list soon.

Big bad storm coming in off the Gulf.....am shutting down.

SharonG/FL

• karpet
    10 years ago

Everyone is so busy between gardens and sewing! I just finished putting a binding on a quilt so I'm looking forward to sewing that down by hand. I feel like I've been bogged down lately, so it is good to finally have something close to being finished. I'm still working on hand quilting the 30's quilt top and it is slow going. It would go faster if I worked on it when I'm free to, but there are just days that I don't feel like working on it.

My find of the weekend is two bags of buttons! I don't know what it is, but a bunch of assorted buttons makes me smile.
    Karlene

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

So much for a big bad storm! At least I got the border sewed on the 3-D Pinwheel so that one is ready to be sandwiched.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Happy Mothers Day to all!

My time is still evenly divided between work, garden renovation, and looking after an elderly neighbor. But today I am making some time for sewing. I'll at least get the log cabin lotto blocks made and maybe work on the challenge quilt a bit. Sometime today we have the first 550 pounds of garden rock to spread around. There go my nails again!