Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy On-Point

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 11 at 8:22

I have done a Charms On-Point, but this way seems easier and is a smaller quilt. As always, just thinking of all of you who have access to a sewing machine with nothing else to do. lol

SharonG/FL-IN-MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Turning Charms On-Point

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy On-Point

That is a neat concept. The only issue I would have with it is the points would be cut off when adding a border.

Rebecca

o

Very interesting! I'll add it to my growing list of projects!

o

Rebecca, You're right as the edge points are slightly lost. The one I did was much larger, had more cuts and solid edge triangles. For a toddler to drag around, this size is perfect and as for the points, this wouldn't be the technique for someone who would be bothered by it. It just seemed like an interesting concept for a quick on-point quilt.....at least to try once. @:)

Kate, Should you get to any of your projects, you know we like pictures. @:)

I'm in Michigan now and need to start my day of helping to keep things on track at my niece's while she and my sister are at the church decorating for a wedding on Saturday.

SharonG/FL-IN-MI

o

Interesting concept, but all the outside edges will be bias edges. It also looks like it might be really easy to screw up and cut through the wrong row.

I frequently use on point settings, but I guess I never thought cutting the setting triangles to be a chore. I'd much rather cut those than deal with bias edges all around a quilt top.

o

Sharon, thank you for thinking of us, we do appreciate it. Adding it to my list of to-do's.

beverly

o

That took me awhile to figure out but that is cool! I wonder if you have to stick to that row ratio?
Karlene

o

Karlene, If you were wanting a larger size, here's another pattern and it uses 10" squares for the edge triangles. It also makes it easier to see where to cut.

Here is a link that might be useful: Twist and Shout

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here