Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

note from Vicky4X4

vicky4x4
11 years ago

I thought I would just drop a line to tell everyone whats up with me.

Since last May I have been a caregiver to my in laws. My mother in law was in the hospital 5 times over four months. My father in law has Parkinsons and dementia. I am the appointment scheduler and in charge of all the in 24 hour home aides we have. So that and trying to be a wife and homeschool mom I have my plate pretty full.

My daughter Tia is pregnant and is due on the 13th but after her last appointment she was told it could be any day now. (The 5th is the full moon)This is her first and we are all pretty excited.

Even with busyness I have worked on a few quilts. I just received a Lone Star back from my friend and handquilter.I will try and post pictures once I have the binding all done. I made this for a good friend. I made her a quilt YEARS ago and told her to use it if it wears out I'll make you another one. Well she held me to my word! But she traded in her queen bed for a king in the meantime. I think I will be more careful about what I say to people now :-)

I'm pulling out my friendship forest quilt that I asked for HST's for and I'm going to get that finished hopefully by August 1st. That is my 25th anniversary and I would like to have it on my bed by then, we will see what happens between now and then.

I miss you all and some of the things we used to do over here, the swaps, secret Santa, QOTD and yearly challenge. I do check in once in a while to see what everyone is making.

Have a great day and keep looking up!

Vicky

Comments (13)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Vicky, Thank you for checking in and letting us know what's going on. I've been wondering how things were going in your life as you used to post often and showed pictures of all the beautiful quilts you made. You sure do have a lot on your plate but you have always seemed to be so organized that you were the obvious choice to keep it all straight.

Can't wait to hear about the little one (boy? girl? - name?) arriving this week-end....the moon is the telling factor. lol Please keep in touch......

SharonG/FL

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon we don't know if it's a boy or girl and they are keeping the name top secret. So this is going to be fun!
    My vote is for a boy right on her due date, which is Mother's Day :-)

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I had wondered about you and am so glad you checked in. Your life sounds hectic but family is always the most important. I'm excited about your grandchild. It will truly be a blessing. Thanks for letting us know you're alright and keep in touch.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Thanks for checking in with us, Vicky! You do have a lot going on right now - take care of yourself, too! Best wishes for a safe delivery of the new baby.

Teresa

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Good to hear from you Vicky! Things are hectic for you now, but we are here for you! Life does take different twists and turns for us! (Ask me how I know...I have slowed down a good bit lately.) What you are doing is so important!

Take good care of yourself!
    Gwen

• calliope
    11 years ago

I'm glad you checked in. We miss you.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update. You certainly do have your plate full. My grand-father-in-law had Alzheimer's and I know how hard it can be. I know Tia is excited, what a ray of sunshine in your hard times. Please keep us posted, happy grandmothers want to know.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Hang in there, Vicky! We'll be here for you whenever you get the time to drop by.

Please make a point to tell all about the little one when she/he gets here! You've gotten us all excited now!! You better come back!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Caregiver, teacher, nurturer, mother, quilter! Thanks for letting us know some of what's going on in your life. Take care of yourself too and come back to us when you can.

Kate

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Congratulations on the anticipated new arrival!

Vicky, thank you for letting us know you are okay. We all understand how busy you are with all that is going on in your life and will just be happy to hear about the new baby when he or she arrives...and certainly would love to see the Lone Star quilt, too, if you manage to get back to post a picture of it. I'll bet it's beautiful.

Jeanne

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the pics too!!!

My family is getting older too and Alzheimers has afflicted 4 of my dad's siblings. SCARRY!!

Life can be so stressful, I'm glad you are still finding time for your hobby.
    Rosa

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Vicky, nice to hear from you. Keep us posted about the new baby!
    Linda OH

• lola99
    11 years ago

That is very exciting news about Tia's baby. I can't wait to hear the details!

I'm sorry to hear about your in laws health issues. I'm glad you have home aids helping, but just managing the people who are helping and taking care of all of the doctor appointments, etc. is a full time job. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Glad to hear you are making at least a little time to quilt. One blog that I read from time to time is called "quilting is my therapy" and I think that statement is very true!

Take care,
    Lola