Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Quilty Barn QAL - Block 4

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I made the fourth barn block today. I haven't added the sashing called for in the tutorial. I plan to do it when I have all the blocks finished so I can plan the order of colors. I want to use the leftover fabrics from the blocks for the sashing.
I love the churn dash block and was happy to see it used this week.
Sharon, can't wait to see your blocks!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Barn block 4

Comments (12)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Your barns look great, Linda. Of course, I think everything you do looks great! I don't have a picture of #3 and have not made #4 yet, but have some of the fabric cut and have a few 'quilt' squares in the Barn Project bag. Maybe I'll make a barn today.

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Linda your barn block looks great. TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• bev2009
    10 years ago

The barns are so cute. And I agree, you're workmanship is always lovely.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you ladies. You are so kind! I am having fun with the block quilt alongs. Would love to have more join us.
    Linda OH

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Linda, Here is Barn 3 and 4. I can't get the picture straight, but they are ruler straight.

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are great Sharon! I especially like the wood grain fabric and the arrow.
    Linda

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Thanks, Linda. Clay liked the woodgrain, too. I did have to remember it was directional when cutting....and then completely forgot when I cut the 2 little top wedges and had to cut 2 more. I like the arrow, too. I had it pointing up at first then decided someone might need help in finding the door. lol

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

How cute!! Those will make the cutest quilts!! I like that it won't drag out for a long time. A few months and you'll be done with all the blocks.

Robbi

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Robbi, I like that too. I hate waiting a whole year to finish a quilt. It's hard not to lose interest by the end of the year.
    Linda OH

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Wish I had the gumption to do this project, but then all the ones I'm supposed to be doing really would never get finished.
    LindaB/CA

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linda, you should make them. It doesn't take long to make one block every two weeks.
    BTW, every time I see your signature, Linda B, it reminds me of the way I had to sign all my papers in school. There were always several Lindas in my class and my last name started with a B.
    Linda OH

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Funny about being a Linda, as an adult I encountered a lot fewer Lindas...until this quilt forum!

Every one I meet I assume is my age though ;-) since back then we were legion.
    LindaB/CA

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz