Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

What are your quilting plans for the weekend? 4/30-5/1

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I am going to a quilt show with friends tomorrow. Our plans are to view the quilts (about 400), visit the quilt shop, and have lunch at the Barn Restaurant.This is all located at Sauder Village in Archbold, OH.

What are your weekend plans?

Linda OH

Comments (7)

• polardream
    12 years ago

Sounds like fun, Linda! I am trying to work on a lap quilt - but I have torn one of the very simple blocks apart 4 times! It is making me crazy ... maybe I should just put it away ... I want to get a lap quilt sandwiched for my son's girlfriend & start quilting. Our weather is supposed to be cold & snowy again so will be a good day to stay inside.
    Sue

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

My GD wants to make a quilt for a friend and we have accumulated the fabric now to begin. She has never done anything like this before so there are challanges. She has definate ideas as to what she wants to do---------maybe it is doable, we'll see. lol Jayne

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Just returned from the local Guild quilt show. Some very lovely quilts.
    I restrained myself and did not buy anything, not even a fat quarter
    Theresa

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Linda, your day sounds like fun! We have a place called The Barn down here, too...it's a shop with lots of knick knack kind of stuff and has a restaurant. It's been years since I went there.

I just finished quilting my niece's graduation quilt. The "quilters block" went away and everything went very smoothly today! :) After lunch I need to do some house cleaning to get ready for my sister's visit (she arrives tonight!) then hopefully I'll have time to sew the binding on the quilt. We'll be in the car most of the day tomorrow and I'd like to do the hand sewing.

Donna

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Sounds like there are lots of quilt shows this weekend. Two friends and I went to the Buffalo, NY area yesterday and did a mini shophop. Today we went to a neighboring guild's quilt show. They had over 400 quilts hanging as well as displays of their community outreach projects...very impressive! As well they had over 50 Quilts for Japan that will be taken to Northcott Fabric on Monday to be added to the container to be shipped over in a few days. All in all it has been a very good couple of days. I am going to try to get some projects worked on today but tomorrow I MUST get the taxes ready to mail....deadline is midnight May 2nd!

Cheers!
    Mary

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm back from the quilt show. It was wonderful. The featured guest quilter was Nancy Prince of Orlando, FL. Her quilts were beautiful!
    We shopped at Threads of Tradition and I purchased Dr. Seuss fabric to make the quilt in the new issue of Quilter's World. We had lunch at the Barn restaurant, a large barn that was moved to the site and remodeled. They have a buffet that is great. We were back home by 2:30. It was a wonderful day with six friends.
    Linda OH

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Linda, Nancy Prince is a member of my guild. Aren't her quilts beautiful? And she's really nice, too. :)

Donna

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville