Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

It's simple, but finished!

Remember me talking about an outing quilt DD wanted? I'm renaming it to a quiltlet! At least you'll understand better what it is....a small, thin quilt. This will be given to the grandparents (show and train horses) for their first grandbaby. My daughter wanted something related to horses and on the small size but still usable with the baby. DD likes it so I guess it'll work. It's approx 34"x39"

SharonG/FL (only the 3rd completion this year) :-(

Comments (15)

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Very cute and seems to fit the order perfectly!
    V.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

That's nice, Sharon! Perfect to park the baby on while they watch the horses.

The nice thing about a simpler quilt like this is that they will probably actually use it! I think many "fancier" quilts are put away in drawers or closets b/c the parents don't want to "mess it up". I'd much rather have the quilt used till it falls apart than hidden away and brought out to admire once in a while.

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Yes, it does work. Good job, Sharon.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Very nice! I agree, the parents will use this often and I bet it will always be in their go to baby bag. Perfect and easy size to fold.
    You definitely made this one to specs--great job!

• day2day
    10 years ago

Sharon, it looks great and I think it will be used many times.

I have made a few baby quilts like this...using a bright juvenile fabric for the center and solid borders.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Looks great. Perfect for the selected recipient too.
    LindaB/CA

• calliope
    10 years ago

That's a 'quiltlet' after my own heart. I used to have horses. I also can relate to having quilts parents and g'parents can and will actually USE. My dear and precious DIL put the quilt I made my latest grandson away for safe keeping. When she opened it at her shower, involuntarily the words came out that it was too precious to use. Last I saw it, it was in the closet in the baby's room. It never was used to my knowledge, and she told me recently it is now 'lost'. Probably mixed up in the articles he has outgrown and packed or given away. I wasn't offended, because I know it wasn't purposeful and I have lost stuff the same way. However, the entire time I was working on it, I was sending such love and prayers into it, so it would be there for him to hug and wrap its arms around him. I can always make more quilts, and most quilters feel that way. Please use the ones folks I give to you.

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

Simple is good. Having 6 horses, I love it!! And I'm sure it will be perfect or the baby, too :-)

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. You have made me feel better about it being smaller and not very heavy. Yes, I want them to use it, just like you girls want people to use the quilts you give. With this one, I'm thinking she (Markie) would be able to carry it around herself as she starts walking and playing with dolls and really put it to use.

You girls know how to warm my heart. It's been a tough couple of weeks.

SharonG/FL

• maritime_linda
    10 years ago

Love it Sharon, especially the b/w borders!

• donna_loomis
    10 years ago

Very nice!

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

Very pretty!!! I really like the pattern, it frames the panel so well.

I agree about them being put away 'cause they are 'too pretty to use'. I make mine to be used.

One of my sisters displays hers on the back of the sofa, but she doesn't want them used. I stayed with her during their St. Pat parade and one of the young guests took two out of the closet and used them. I had to laugh!!!

Great job as usual Sharon!

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

That looks nice. Give yourself a pat on the back for finishing a quilt this year, I still have not completed one single quilt this year.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Very nice, Sharon! And congrats on finishing 3 quilts already. I don't have one done and none about to be finished. You've inspired me to get busy!

Kate

This post was edited by k8orlando on Thu, May 2, 13 at 21:11

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again for the 'likes'......

MaritimeLinda, The borders are actually a very dark brown and a very light mint green. *smile*

Rosa, Your sister must have practically had a melt-down when those quilts were taken out of the closet. lol

Go, Kate, Go!

SharonG/FL