Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Weekend quilting plans April 2-3

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

Do you have plans to quilt this weekend? I want to load another quilt on the frame, my small twister, and maybe the table runner and place mats if I'm really ambitious. I quilted the large twister last weekend and the quilt group's baby quilt this week. And as always, working on the DWR. (I really haven't done much work on it lately.)

What are you doing this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (9)

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I have a quilt on the frame ready to start. After I got home from work I spent about an hour raking up debris from the big storms we had the other day, so now I can quilt tomorrow!

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I am taking a workshop today given by Sandra Smith thru our Guild. It should be different. Looks like what I used to make as a little girl ~LOL~ only all grown up and gorgeous!

Deary day here - waiting patiently for sun and spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandra Smith

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I cut out the last 2 BD blocks last night and will probably work on those. Other than that, I'll be putzing around and packing a suitcase for DGS to take back to Indiana with him. Not checking any bags this time! WoooooHooooo....

Donna, Glad you're only having to clear up debris. Amazing that some still don't have power. Extended family in Largo were spared as they only lost a fence.

SharonG/FL

• chickie1
    12 years ago

I'm hoping to cut strips for an Irish Chain quilt for my daughter. However I'm babysitting my new grandson so he might have other ideas. Also my quilt guild is having a Truck Show today with Eleanor Burn's sister. Wish I could be there but the little man comes first.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

So far I have spent the morning programming the new super-duper radio I chose for my 15th year anniversary present with my employer. It is in the kitchen so I could put the other radio/cd player in my sewing room. Now I can have the company of Josh Groban, ABBA, Johnny Mathis, the Eagles, Gershwin, et al while I'm sewing! I'll be a happy quilter all the live long day!

Each day this week I have been sewing for about an hour on the flying geese and 4 patch blocks needed for the Flying Off to Bali Bali quilt. So this weekend I will continue to make more blocks for this quilt and maybe get around to sandwiching the Building Blocks baby quilt. But I also need very, very, VERY badly to clean on my house. :o(

Teresa

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

No quilting for me this weekend. Family in town. I'm glad they are here but I'm getting anxious to do some quilting! I haven't had time in over 3 weeks to even turn on the machine!

Kate

• nannykins
    12 years ago

It's sort of like withdrawal pains when we can't get to the machine. I have done very little this past month, besides that $%#% wonky pinwheel, which is waiting to be assembled. But I did do 2 lotto blocks which I shall mail out tomorrow.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Wow, the weekend is almost over ... I didn't think I would get to quilt at all but that changed today. Friday night an open house at church, Saturday the weather was fabulous yesterday so we were out & about - then to hockey playoff game (our Colorado Eagles won in overtime so they are tied 1-1 in a best of 5 series). Today the storm arrived SEVERAL hours early so I finished machine quilting a twin size quilt and will hand stitch the binding while we watch a movie later. I'm actually thankful for the icky weather for more than quilting reasons. There is a wildfire burning about 10 miles outside of town - 4500 acres & 15 homes destroyed so far - so the cold weather, rain/snow mix has helped some. If the wind would just quit!

Sue

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Where did the weekend go???? We took the kids to Pigeon Forge, TN for the weekend and saw the play, The Miracle Theater (story of Jesus from birth to resurrection). Then after dinner and checking into our hotel, we went to the Comedy Barn. The next morning we went through the Titanic museum that my ds was so anxious to visit. We had a great time, but I'm tired.... I did get to sew a little in the car, but it wasn't much.

Robbi

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure