Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

April 2011 Show and Tell

polardream
13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Are you ready to share your projects with us? I am looking forward to reading your posts and looking at your pics.

April has been a real mixed bag here in Colorado - rain, snow, wildfires, sunshine and 80 degree temps. Go figure!

I have taken advantage of the icky days and finished two projects already. The tops were already pieced so I got them sandwiched, quilted, and binding done. The blue/yellow/green sampler is REALLY old - one of the first block of the months that Hancock Fabrics offered more than 10 years ago! I was taking a machine quilting class and figured if I messed it up it didn't matter! It turned out okay. The stack & whack was supposed to be a Christmas present for MIL about 6 years ago ... I guess I am ready for this year!

I hope you are all off to a great start. I'm anxious to see your projects.

Sue

Comments (18)

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

I love both of them. It is so satisfying to finish things, especially when they have been waiting for a while! I have a few of those.
    Marge

• User
    13 years ago

After my frantic applique marathon to finish my aunt's Let Sleeping Cats Lie quilt, I'm working on something different.

I'm hosting a Grandma, Mommy & Me Easter Craft party for the grandchildren and DILs of some of my friends. I found this great garland online to hang near the craft table. I just need to complete two eggs and I can start attaching the letters with buttons. Cute, isn't it?

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Nice quilts, Sue! Congrats on getting those old projects finished. I'm working on that, too.

Where are you in Colo?

Dian, I love that garland - very cute! Have fun with the party.

Donna

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Those are great, Sue. I'd publish a picture if I could just get something up to that point. I've been gone for two weeks so will get back to it when my head catches up with my body.

I see a Hawaiian quilt in my future.

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

I finished this in April of last year but still it was April. This was for a friend whose favorite color is green. I couldn't help sprinkling a bit of yellow, orange and red.
    Each panel was quilted separately and then joined. Each star is 24in. The bottom left star was drafted by my son as part of a geometry lesson on circles and angles.
    Vasu

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

All of your quilts are beautiful as well as the Easter garland. Thank you for sharing. I love to see pics of quilts. I am currently hand-quilting my mom's canning jar applique lap quilt. Hoping to have it finished before Mother's Day.

Best to you and many thanks,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Love the star quilt!!!!!
    Theresa

• fran1523
    13 years ago

Beautiful job everyone. Vasu, your son should publish his pattern. That block is awesome.

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Sue, I love the blue, green & yellow in the first quilt. I am attracted to the Stack n Whacks - I know some hate them :).

dian - very cute Easter display.

Vasu - I really like your quilt & the arrangement of the 24" blocks. Kudos to your son!

I finally finished this quilt this weekend. The weather cleared on Sunday, so I was able to get a pic outside. I used a Batik jelly roll by Textile Creations. The pattern is from Cozy Quilt Designs' book Strip Tubing. The pattern designer is Susan Van Alyne.

It is for a teen girl - who likes Peace signs and her school colors are Blue.

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

Marsha,
    She is sure to love the quilt. The colours all go together beautifully. The peace symbol has been used well on the front and the back. Wonderful quilt!

Kristene

• jackier123
    13 years ago

Here are a couple of things that I have done so far this month. The first is a Covered Bridge landscape that was done for a challenge in quilt show.

The next one has not been quilted yet. I am making this wallhanging for my husband who is a huge eagle enthusiast.

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Those are amazing. I am not a big fan of landscape quilts but the covered bridge is very nice. One of my favorite things. TFS Jayne

• nannykins
    13 years ago

I admire anyone who does landscape quilts! Very impressive!
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I want to learn how to do landscape quilts and yours just makes me think I should learn sooner then later! The Eagle is spectacular! Your husband is going to love it!! Is the Eagle paper pieced?

• jackier123
    13 years ago

The eagle is fused applique. It is from a pattern called Spirit by Toni Whitney.

Jackie

• vasu_texas
    13 years ago

Very nice, Jackie. I haven't made any landscape quilts but I have pictures from our Alaska trip that I want to make into a landscape quilt some day. Loved the Eagle. It's gorgeous.
    vasu

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

The eagle seems so real! Just like it's going to fly off the quilt. Well done - your husband is sure to love it.

Kristene

• polardream
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Anyone else have anything to add before we close out April??
    Dian - cute Easter banner!
    Vasu - love the quilt! Your son should be proud.
    Marsha - the recipient is one lucky graduate - very cool.
    Jackie - your landscape quilts are awesome! They rank up there with applique for me - something I think is beautiful but may never attempt!

May is just hours away ... happy quilting!
    Sue