Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished my Sisters quilt top

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 21:26

I hoped to finish this last month but didn't get the border on until today. D9P again. She chose the fabrics.
I plan on sending it out to be quilted.
Photobucket/Quilttops002.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished my Sisters quilt top

Jayne,
It's a beautiful quilt - and so large! It must have taken quite some time to do. Would be much easier to send out to be quilted. Well done!!

Kristene

o

This pattern is so neat, with so many variations offered.
Nice job, love the colors!

o

Jayne, With all the layouts and fabric placements for this pattern, you can have a new looking D9P forever! This is a great pattern to make a large quilt and you've done it perfectly. Great job!!

SharonG/FL

o

Jayne,
lovey quilt! Don't you just love DP9??
Sue

o

I didn't recognize it as a DP9! I love the fabrics she chose.
Rosa

o

Thank you everyone. This is my favorite set for the D9P but have fun trying out the others. It works differently with different fabrics and real easy. It is large 94.5 x 108.5. Hope the extra wide backing will work. Not too experienced with sending tops out. Do most of them provide the batt or is it best to use my own? Jayne

o

Just lovely, beautifully soft, those muted colors, soothing & peaceful.

I've only done the regular set, did a twin size bed quilt for my Mom. But sent mine out as first time using long arm quilter. I'd never worked as large as a bed quilt; was a bit too big for me to manage on my home machine.

I understand that things like providing batting or not, can vary from quilter to quilter or arrangement to arrangement.

We discussed several things: (1) he'd put one seam in the backing I provided, (2) provide the batting, (3) make bindings from fabric I provided, (4) long arm quilt & (5) machine attach & turn the bindings. (Also I selected which overall design & that was priced per square inch; we agreed on thread which he provided.)

It had been suggested to me (here I believe) to get a contract, if not that a written agreement, which I did. All the above aspects were itemized & followed exactly.

I got a wonderfully talented person, am thrilled w/ the results. Hope you're as happy w/ the results you get as I am w/ mine.

o

That is a lovely quilt...pastels are so pretty!

I know your sister will love it!

Gwen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here