Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt of Valor

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 21:20

Today six of the women in my neighborhood quilt group got together and we cut and pieced this top for a Quilt of Valor. It's a 9-patch transformation quilt and was pretty easy for us to piece. A couple of the gals had to leave before we finished up sewing the rows together. It is approximately 60 x 72. One of women is going to longarm quilt it, then another will add the binding. I love how it turned out!
We had a great time.

Photobucket

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt of Valor

Sue,
I love that 'transformation' of a 9-patch!!! I'm in love with secondary patterns. How does the 9patch start with color placement to achieve this??

jen

o

Oh, I like it, Sue!

SharonG/FL

o

I posted a link to the blog from Nancy Brenan that we used. I will email you the general instructions we used since one of the women did all the calculating. We ended up with blocks that were approximately 13" unfinished before sewing the strips together.
Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: 9-patch transformation

o

Sue, it's great! I love the way it looks like plaid. Very masculine.

Donna

o

Well done! And for an excellent cause too.

o

Lovely quilt. You'll make someone very happy. Good job.

o

Very handsome quilt. Your neighborhood group has participants of many ages. How fun!

o

I love it! Your sewing group is wonderful! Perfect quilt!

This would make a great demo for you to do at Camp Cheerio - hint! hint!

o

Great idea Marsha!!!! I am a big fan of secondary patterns too and I thik it is perfect for a QOV!

o

Oh, I love this one!

The colors are great and the design is fabulous.
Another one to add to my ever-growing 'want-to-try' list.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

That's GR8 and in my favorite colors.
Kathi

o

Thanks for all the compliments. We are a diverse group - from about 45 years old to 75. We have loads of fun & meet once a month.

Marsha - consider it done. I would be happy to demo at retreat. It was easy & fun to make.

Sue

o

The link brings up a photo. What is the blog? Wonderful quilt.

o

Fantastic job - everyone looks pleased and should be. From a distance the prints kinda sparkle. Great pattern selection.

Cheers,
Peggy

o

What fun to be able to share a labor of love with quilting friends! I'm sure the recipient will be pleased.

Julie

o

What a sharp looking quilt. Nice that you have a fun group to work with in your neighborhood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here