Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

My first quilt

jackier123
16 years ago

I finally have a first quilt completed. This was made for a co-worker who just had a baby boy. It is big enough to be a floor quilt or crib quilt.

Comments (17)

• mayme
    16 years ago

You did a great job. I love the colors.
    Mayme

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

Congratulations! That is a wonderful quilt. I bet you're hooked now. What comes next?
    Linda

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Something to be very proud of. I like your choice of the backing and the bright colors. A baby will love it for a very long time. Nice job of quilting. Are you sure this is your first quilt??? TFS Jayne

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Great quilt the backing is so cute with pooh! Great Job!
    Red

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Beautiful colors and you did a wonderful job quilting it tooo.
    Keep up the good work!
    doris

• jackier123
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments. Next week I am starting a class to learn how to make a bargello quilt. Hopefully it goes well.

Jackie

• damascusannie
    16 years ago

Very nice! Love the bright colors!

Annie

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

That is fantastic. You did a superb job combining those colors! I'm also quite impressed with the quilting. Did you do that by machine or by hand? Either way it's QUITE impressive! The baby will love it love it love it!

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Wonderful first quilt! Your color choices are very nice, great for baby to look at while lying on the quilt.

Teresa

• wendyfaye
    16 years ago

Good for You! (has anyone warned you how addictive this is??) Welcome aboard, we meet pretty much daily.......

Faye

• fran1523
    16 years ago

I love it. What a striking quilt. Are you sure it's really your first one?

• day2day
    16 years ago

Great job.Hard to believe it's your first completed quilt. You're off to a wonderful start.
    Some scientists say that geometric designs in bright colors are really good for a baby's brain development.
    ~Geraldine

• jackier123
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes it is my first quilt. As a child, I would help my great grandmother work on quilt blocks...when I was not stiching them to my pant legs! She always gave me something to blanket stitch and I always sewed it to my pants leg at least once. She never would let me near the quilting though. I did this one all on a machine. I have diabetes and my finger-ends are too numb to hand quilt!

Jackie

• marty_mo
    16 years ago

Cute ~ like the bright colors.

Marty

• chickadee__3a
    16 years ago

Great job for a first quilt!! Who doesn't love Winnie The Pooh? When the little fellow is a bit older he can learn his colour names from his quilt. I bet you're already thinking of your next project.
    Carolyn

• cygram
    16 years ago

Very nice quilt ,especially for a first!Wish I still had my first quilt but alas it was stolen out of our camper while on a vacation trip a long time ago.It was just simple 4inch squares sewen into rows and made from calico scraps from the Raggey Ann and Andy dolls I used to make.That was back in 1987 and I can't remember the other items that were taken but I remember the quilt!

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

Very nice work! and cute too. My kids would love it.
    Georgia

Welcome to the addiction.