Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt I made recently

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 20:37

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/lorgar1/sewing/windmillquilt2resizedqueen33112.jpg[/IMG]

We had a huge snow storm and I cut and cut and pinned and pinned. Went into town while I still was without power ironed fabric sewed and pinned some more.

Came home and pinned and waited two more days for the power to come on and finished it up and took it in to be machine quilted.

It is a Queen size windmill design made for one of my granddaughters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt I made recently

Loralee, it looks like you did everything right except you chose [IMG] instead of [HTML]. Please try again. I'd love to see your quilt. Lois

o

Here's her link:

Gorgeous. I love the soft look of this quilt. I do appreciate all of the piecing and ironing involved.

You rock girl!

Cheers,
Peggy

o

That's so pretty and you were very patient to work around those power outages.

o

Loralee, it looks so soft and pretty.
Lovely colors, especially that pale purple.
Good job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Loralee, it's so pretty! I have some of the fabric you used for the border. I made a dress out of it and it's been used in a lot of quilts. Just love that floral print!

Donna

o

Great way to occupy yourself during a power outage! All that cutting and pinning made you so organized :)
I love pinwheels, and your quilt is very pretty.
Your choice of fabric and the layout is perfect.
Lovely, lovely, lovely!

o

Very pretty and nicely done, Loralee.

SharonG/FL

o

Thank you Peggy for fixing the link and posting it. The other sites all want the IMG link.

Thanks for the compliments. I loved the border fabric too when I saw it I bought all they had which was only 3 yards and they never got it in again. I plan on using these colors in the next quilt for the other granddaughter and perhaps doing the Dresden pattern.

I have not done a Dresden for oh my goodness has it been that long 35 years.

When the granddaughter saw it she is 13 she said,"its so Springy." So she loved it. I am putting these quilts away in the closet for the 3 girls. I will post the one I made last summer for the oldest granddaughter. She will get it next year.

o

OH Loralee, that is beautiufl. Love the border fabric and all the colours. I agree with your granddaughter, it is just so fresh looking. A pin-wheel quilt has been on my mental to-do list for quite a while now.

o

That's very pretty,and i also love the border print.You're right,very springy.TFS
Kathi

o

Another beautiful quilt, Loralee. Are you giving them to your granddaughters when they reach a certain age? Lois

o

Gorgeous Loralee!! It's hard to imagine snow storms, we have been high 80's after a very mild winter. It's going to be a hot, hot summer.

Do you remember the hope chests?? I think they are still a goo idea.

Looking forward to seeing the others!
Rosa

o

Very nice quilt! Thanks for sharing it. Pinwheels are so classic and always pretty.

Kate

o

It's so pretty, perfect for Easter, love that border fabric.

o

Lovely! If I have to pick adjectives it will be cheerful, sunshine, spring, girl. Loved your snow storm story. I believe we get more creative and productive when holed in with no power and no TV :-)

Vasu

o

I love your Windmill quilt - the pattern and the colors! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

It is beautiful. The colors are so springlike and soft. You did a wonderful job.
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here