Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loralee_gw

Quilt I made recently

loralee
12 years ago

[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/lorgar1/sewing/windmillquilt2resizedqueen33112.jpg[/IMG]

We had a huge snow storm and I cut and cut and pinned and pinned. Went into town while I still was without power ironed fabric sewed and pinned some more.

Came home and pinned and waited two more days for the power to come on and finished it up and took it in to be machine quilted.

It is a Queen size windmill design made for one of my granddaughters.

Comments (17)

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Loralee, it looks like you did everything right except you chose [IMG] instead of [HTML]. Please try again. I'd love to see your quilt. Lois

• User
    12 years ago

Here's her link:

Gorgeous. I love the soft look of this quilt. I do appreciate all of the piecing and ironing involved.

You rock girl!

Cheers,
    Peggy

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That's so pretty and you were very patient to work around those power outages.

• day2day
    12 years ago

Loralee, it looks so soft and pretty.
    Lovely colors, especially that pale purple.
    Good job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Loralee, it's so pretty! I have some of the fabric you used for the border. I made a dress out of it and it's been used in a lot of quilts. Just love that floral print!

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Great way to occupy yourself during a power outage! All that cutting and pinning made you so organized :)
    I love pinwheels, and your quilt is very pretty.
    Your choice of fabric and the layout is perfect.
    Lovely, lovely, lovely!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Very pretty and nicely done, Loralee.

SharonG/FL

• loralee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Peggy for fixing the link and posting it. The other sites all want the IMG link.

Thanks for the compliments. I loved the border fabric too when I saw it I bought all they had which was only 3 yards and they never got it in again. I plan on using these colors in the next quilt for the other granddaughter and perhaps doing the Dresden pattern.

I have not done a Dresden for oh my goodness has it been that long 35 years.

When the granddaughter saw it she is 13 she said,"its so Springy." So she loved it. I am putting these quilts away in the closet for the 3 girls. I will post the one I made last summer for the oldest granddaughter. She will get it next year.

• maritime_linda
    12 years ago

OH Loralee, that is beautiufl. Love the border fabric and all the colours. I agree with your granddaughter, it is just so fresh looking. A pin-wheel quilt has been on my mental to-do list for quite a while now.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

That's very pretty,and i also love the border print.You're right,very springy.TFS
    Kathi

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Another beautiful quilt, Loralee. Are you giving them to your granddaughters when they reach a certain age? Lois

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Gorgeous Loralee!! It's hard to imagine snow storms, we have been high 80's after a very mild winter. It's going to be a hot, hot summer.

Do you remember the hope chests?? I think they are still a goo idea.

Looking forward to seeing the others!
    Rosa

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Very nice quilt! Thanks for sharing it. Pinwheels are so classic and always pretty.

Kate

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

It's so pretty, perfect for Easter, love that border fabric.

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Lovely! If I have to pick adjectives it will be cheerful, sunshine, spring, girl. Loved your snow storm story. I believe we get more creative and productive when holed in with no power and no TV :-)

Vasu

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

I love your Windmill quilt - the pattern and the colors! :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra

• polardream
    12 years ago

It is beautiful. The colors are so springlike and soft. You did a wonderful job.
    Sue