Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petalpatsy

Paducah 2013 -some favorites

petalpatsy
10 years ago

I'm trying to share some pictures of my favorites. I didn't get so terribly many pics because I didn't want to make my mom and sister constantly be waiting on me to get a clear shot--it was crowded! There's also a YouTube slideshow of the winners of the various categories if you search YouTube for "Paducah 2013 winners".

Here is a link that might be useful: Paducah 2013 --some of my favorites

Comments (15)

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Thank you so very much for sharing pics of the Paducah quilt show. Those are some beautiful quilts!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• chickie1
    10 years ago

Awesome! Those are beautiful quilts! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Darlene

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Wow, those are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing. Someday I will make it to Paducah myself.

beverly

• Freda
    10 years ago

Amazing! what beautiful quilts.

• petalpatsy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We had the best time. We laughed so much with each other I'd lose my breath and my stomach is sore from it today. Most of it was in the car on the way home after I missed our interstate split. It pays to have family with a good sense of humor when you see a "Welcome to Tennessee" sign and you aren't going to Tennessee.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Nice pictures and great quilts! Love the travel side-trip story. LOLOLOL

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Thank you for the pictures! What wonderful quilts. It sounds like you had a great time!

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting. I'd love to go someday - although my quilts will never make it there.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

WOW! Bold faced and in large letters!

Never know whether to keep quilting like crazy or give it all up when I see such wonders.

LindaB/CA

• petalpatsy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There were more quilts than I'd ever seen using 1/2 inch hexagons as an element (I was always looking for them) and my mom is crazy about hexagons. She was pleased, but she was funny, too, properly impressed by the whole concept of 1/2 inch hexagons. Her's are 1 3/4 inches. "HUGE" she laughs now.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Amazing artistry...thanks for sharing!!!

love the side trip story...glad ya'll had fun.
    V.

• Karenfae
    10 years ago

thanks for sharing I didn't go this year so nice to check out the video

Here is a link that might be useful: quilts...etc.

• day2day
    10 years ago

Beautiful work!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• petalpatsy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link to your blog, Karen! It's very nice to meet you and see another hand quilter. I read it a bit, enough to see you use a paddle, and enough to find an excuse to post a picture of the quilty things I bought at Paducah. I lured my mom and sister on the trip with promises of thimbles. These are all mine, mine, mine, two for thumb quilting and a pink one for finger quilting. I got my sister a matching pansy for her finger, but my mom had tried on a too-small-for-me silver Roxanne's and got stars in her eyes so she wouldn't have another one.

• calliope
    10 years ago

Amazing trip.............I'd start drooling at the Kentucky border. Keeps a person humble when you see all that artistry under one roof.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH