Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kay6271

Icing on the Cake - jackier123- April 12

kay6271
11 years ago

It's April already! And Jackie's birthday is just around the corner.

This is the place to post mailings and receipts of Jackie's birthday blocks. Sorry for the delay in getting this thread started. I must have been intoxicated by the smell of fresh mown grass and blooming things!

Kay

Comments (23)

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Blocks mailed to you today, Jackie. Hope you like them.
    Linda

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I meant to get this block done before now...:(

I had a cortisone injection in my thumb today and it is quite painful tonight. Hopefully the cortisone will start doing what it is supposed to and I can get the block made tomorrow.

I will keep you posted but it may be late.

Sorry Jackie

Mary

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

Mailing your blocks out tomorrow. Hope you have a great birthday!!

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I received an envelope from Beverly today. Thanks a bunch. I am going to try not to open until my birthday.

Jackie

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Hi Jackie, Put your block in the mail today. I hope you like the print I picked out. Have a great birthday.
    Darlene

• jackier123
    11 years ago

It seems I received an envelope from Marie while I was in Salt Lake and my husband left it in his truck...he just found it today. Thanks so much.

Jackie

• patti60
    11 years ago

i mailed your block yesterday. had to come to my mom's to post. mine doesn.t always work well on this site.

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I received an envelope from Linda today. Thanks so much.

Jackie

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Someone is just going to have to come over here and vigorously shake their finger at me. I was thinking your birthday was later in the month Jackie. Your block will go out in the morning.
    -Dan

• jackier123
    11 years ago

No problem Dan, I can wait. I notice as I get older birthdays and time just don't matter as much! :)

Jackie

• kay6271
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Jackie,
    Your blocks went in the mail yesterday!

Kay

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Jackie, just wanted to let you know your block is in the envelope and ready to be mailed.
    How close do you live to Lee? I graduated from there back in '92, so putting your address on the envelope was a bit like mailing something back home. I know the college has grown quite a bit since then, but that's a good thing! My +10 years there in Cleveland were some of the best in my life, and I miss it!

Again, Happy Birthday!
    Dan

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I am about 4 miles from Lee University. I live on the North end of town in an area called Tasso.

Jackie

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Today was like Christmas. I received envelopes from Melissa, Deanna, Patti, Kay, and Darlene! That is 8 to open on my Birthday so far.

Jackie

• macbeaner
    11 years ago

Going in the mail tomorrow!

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am spending a couple of days at my brother's house, catsitting so will get your block made and mailed. DH and DS are staying home so I have all day and night to sew if I wish! Thumb is no better but the pain and swelling from the injection are gone. Won't be having another cortisone shot!

Mary

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Jackie

Your block is ready to go. I will mail it tomorrow when I go for my morning walk.

Happy Birthday!

Mary

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I received an envelope from Dan today. Thanks so much. Tomorrow is the big opening day!

Jackie

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I received an envelope from Virginia today. I am going to open them later on this evening.

Jackie

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Jackie. Have a fun evening opening all those beautiful BD blocks. I hope the cake was good and you blew out all the candles. Enjoy and be sure to renew your contract for another fruitful year. Jayne

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Jackie,
    Sorry to be so late in the day wishing you a happy birthday. I hope it has been great. I wanted to post the picture with the birthday cake, but apparently there is something new going on with Photobucket so I am not sure what is up with that, but they wouldn't let me click on the link to the picture. Always something new to contend with when it comes to sites on the computer - hopefully I can get to the picture some other way. Will be checking it out.
    Have a great year and enjoy the rest of the day!
    Jeanne

• kay6271
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Jackie,
    Hope you enjoyed opening all your packages last night. Sorry I'm late with the greetings, I just plain had a "crash" day yesterday.

So, late Happy, Happy Birthday,
    Kay

• jackier123
    11 years ago

I got my last block from Mary today! They are all great. I am going to make quite a few more and put them in a quilt for my mom.