Faye/faytay

Comments (80)

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Sharon. You crack me up!!!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Sharon, I remember someone else who came to camp with a secret two years ago. Please tell us you aren't pregnant!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

ACCKKKKK, Linda, are you high on something?! I am NOT pg! I'll leave that to the youngsters! A couple hours with 20 month old Jaycie and I was worn out! No, no, no, no......you'll never guess!!! heh heh heh heh

• polardream
    11 years ago

I am curious ... what could it be????? Guess I will just have to come to camp to find out!
    Sue

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

I would be so happy to attend if there is room.........YAHOO!

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Stop teasing everyone! I did NOT tell her about my camp goodies project! I didn't!

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Marge, of course there is room, see you there.

Jennifer has a goodies project, can we eat it?

Sharon has a secret, I wonder ...

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, Marge! We'd love to have you.

No, you can't eat my goody.

And Sharon has a secret...I worry! lol

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Yes, I do have a secret! And don't any of you dare bribe the Geezer with burned cookies!!! Of any kind! lol

Looking forward to meeting all the people I haven't met yet and seeing the ones I met 4 years ago. At least you already know how strange I am.

Is there oriental fabric in whites? blacks? heh heh heh

Jen, Don't forget to bring your goodies. I'm sure Beverly will be able to figure it out. LOL

SharonG/FL-IN (think I'm spending the night with Jaycie tonight....big big smile)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Sharon.....what are you up to????? You are going to drive us crazy with your 'secret'.......4 months!!!!!

A sleep over with a 2(?) year old! Who falls asleep first?

Marge - I hope to meet you this year, as well as my other friends here--I am so excited!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Sharon, will this 'secret' fit in the car or should I be renting a trailer?!?!?

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Marsha, That's the point! heehee

Kate, Hmmmmm, we won't need a trailer....at least I don't think so. lol

Can you tell I'm tired? Jaycie is in bed and even though it's not quite 9:30, it's sounding real good to me too.

• polardream
    11 years ago

I am starting to look at airfares for retreat - getting excited! I will probably fly in on Wednesday and spend the night since I can't get any flights that arrive early enough to make the Thursday-Sunday work. I havre found flights departing on Sunday about 5 pm.

I can fly either to Greensboro or Charlotte - both airports are about 2 hours from Camp Cheerio. Is anyone else going that route? I would be interested in coordinating transportation to the retreat.

Let me know so we might connect.
    Sue / polardream

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

when is this retreat and where...is there room for another?
    valarie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

It will be the weekend of Oct. 4-7, 2012.

Camp Cheerio is located in Roaring Gap, NC, at a YMCA camp located in (on top of) the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Jennifer will probably be getting more info up within the next month or so.

SharonG/FL-IN

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Here's a link to give you a little more info.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Cheerio facilities

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Here is a link to some pics from last year.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheerio pics

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Wow..looks like a hoot. I'm fairly new to this world, but if looks like a great way to spend a weekend with fellow quilters. Is there room for another perhpas?
    V.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

V,
    The camp information says they have 22 rooms in the lodge so I'm sure there's still room - although the group might get to 22 this year!

Kate

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Kate, some of those 22 have staff in them. So, I'm sure Jen will check and let us know if we have a max. It's getting close.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Oh sorry! I'm letting my enthusiasm get in the way!

Kate

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

So far, it looks like I will be able to make it!! I am very excited to meet everyone in person and talk quilts!

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Here is an Interactive Map of the facilities! Move your cursor over a building or location and click. Beautiful mountains, great facilities, great food we don't have to cook or wash dishes - and wonderful company!!!!

I am really looking forward to the Retreat - I need to start planning!

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Cheerio Interactive Map

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

Ended up in the hospital last year. Got sick half way there, and released at the same time that the quilters were leaving. Had the gall bladder removed, and now ready to go!
    The campground we kept the motor home at was "Stone Mountain" and was very convenient. (State Park)
    My husband doesn't quilt, but sure did enjoy everything else..........enough to go again!

• polardream
    11 years ago

Marge,
    I am so happy to hear that you are coming - I am anxious to meet you!
    Be safe and we will see you in October!
    Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, here we are! The numbers are growing!! and that's awesome. I'll soon be putting out information about deposits and other planning information. You can start giving thought to possible roommates (some already have sent me info on this) because it's likely that we'll have to bunk together in the Lodge (not really too much of a hardship...they have nice rooms).

Here's the current list...

1 Jennifer
    2 Beverly/grammyp & Tim
    3 Linda/toolgranny
    4 Trish/mrs.santaclaus
    5 Sharon/geezerfolks
    6 Kate/k8orlando
    7 Kristene/tinyteena
    8 Cindy/quiltpartner & Jim??
    9 Teresa
    10 Marsha/magothyrivergirl
    11 Rosa/rosajoe
    12 Faye/faytay
    13 Jackie/jackier123
    14 Jeanne/sandlapper rose
    15 Carol/tulipserenity
    16 Sue/polardream
    17 Robbi/lafonda_ranch
    18 Marge/buteau3rd
    19 Valarie/littlehelen

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

Forgot to include Rip, but he does plan to be there.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Yeaaaaaay.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

My first quilt retreat...I'm so excited!!!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

You think we'll get any sewing done?

• gininmn
    11 years ago

Me thinks it'll be a wonderful retreat! Wish I were going. Maybe next year.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Looks like the once a year physical guild meeting has quite a few members showing up. Don't forget the quilt show from the balcony. It will be awesomer than ever!!!

SharonG/FL-IN

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

For those of us driving, can we bring a quilt or two that we've finished in the past year, for show and tell? We've shared pictures here but it would be fun to share them in person, especially one made from lotto blocks or birthday blocks.

Kate

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate,
    You can bring as many show & tell items/quilts you like! THe more the merrier!

Just please don't leave a fellow quilter by the roadside when space becomes limited. We'd rather see them than the quilts!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Hey! That would be me by the roadside!!!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Sharon~aka The Hitch-hiking Quilter~LOL

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Kate,
    Do you mean we are supposed to actally keep some of the quilts we make lol!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this!
    Rosa

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

"No quilter left behind!"

• cindykg23
    11 years ago

Hellooooooooo!!! Campers! Sorry to be MIA --- I can't remember when I was last on GW. :( Shame on me! I have to admit to not even sculking around. This spring & summer have been a real trial. I think the hardest part is behind me, so you will be seeing more of me around here. (This is where you can go 'Yea!!' ;)
    YES, Jim is coming to camp also. He actually talks of it often! 'Has wondered if Marge & Rip are coming (he'll be pleased to hear, yes, they are:) & is anxious to see Melanie & how much she has grown. Not seeing her name on the list...does that mean, Jen, that you are traveling sans poco yos?? If Melanie isn't there, Marge you'd better be sure Rip comes! And Jen that means you'd better bring lots of pics:)
    Going to check out some of the other goings on. Can't wait for October!! (In more ways than ONE!)

Missing you all,
    Cindy

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Yay Cindy ~ welcome back!!! I told you last year at Camp I wanted to see you post more!!!! You have lots to share and I miss you! :)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Cindy! Nice to see you back!

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Welcome home, Cindy!! WE've missed you!

Sorry to say (for your sakes) that I will be travelling without children this year... YEAH!!!!! There would definitely be no quilting for me this year if Melanie were to be in tow. Sorry, Jim. I will bring pictures!

I also have to tell all you campers that my 'goodie' will probably have to be changed. There are just too many of you!!! (not really a bad thing, just not enough time for me to have 18-20 of these things ready!) I promise to show you what I was planning on, though.

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I am already thinking of all the "things" I need to bring! Does someone have a list of helpful or not so helpful items they've taken in the past?

Robbi

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Robbi, we will have available rotary cuttars, cutting mats, irons, ironing boards, some rulers, at least 1 design board, and snacks. Camp provides tables, chairs, coffee, and tea, towels, soap, sheets and blankets. I will have a cooler for ice in the work space.

You should bring your machine, extension cord, lamp (if you need extra light), fan (if you get hot), cushion (if you don't like hard chairs), fabric, thread, needles, comfy shoes, jacket/rain jacket (it sometimes gets cool at night), camera, computer (may only have internet in the dining hall).

We will have a quilt show Sat. afternoon. If you wish to bring some projects for show and tell, or just to display, please do. I will bring cloths line and pins to hang them. Everyone usually brings a snack of some type to share, but if you can't don't worry, there will be plenty. We may have short classes on projects and the supply lists for those will be sent later. If you prefer to just work on your projects, that is ok, too.

That should get you started.
    beverly

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Thank you, Beverly. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure I'll still bring more than I need and their will be something I forget, never fails! I'm a list person, so I like to get my list started early, so I feel better about not forgetting something!

Thanks,
    Robbi

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I make lists too or I'll be walking out the door without half of what is important to bring.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

And, remember Robbi - you are among friends and we can always loan you something you forgot. Mark all your tools with your name as we tend to scatter stuff in the fury of the moment.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Marking all tools - great idea! Thanks!

What about the leaves? Do we need to bring red or autumn colored fabric to make leaves for the quilt? I remember something about leaf shapes from last year when I thought I would be able to come but then couldn't make the trip.

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Closer to time, Jen will issue a bulletin with all the official stuff, deposits, group projects for camp, game items and so forth. She'll probably start the "official" posting soon and confirm who is coming. So, just hang in there for a bit yet.

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Yes, just a charm will work for the leaves. I will have plenty if anyone forgets.

Teresa, how is the hanging coming?

beverly

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!