Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with Pendleton wool pieces?

Posted by mbarstow (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 19:01

I have just acquired some wonderful Pendleton wool plaid fabric (about 1 yd. each) and camel hair. Anyone have any ideas what I could creatively do with it? I thought of just cutting it into 6'' squares and making a blanket, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with Pendleton wool pieces?

Look up how to do felting. People now throw wool into a washer and hot dryer and take the resulting "felt" and make bags that are wonderful. I don't have the websites but if you look around, there's bound to be info out there. I know there are books about making bags from felted wool.

o

Bags, hats, scarves... Lots of options for 'wearables'.
But a warm wool quilt with a soft flannel backing - that would be hard to resist!

o

Thanks, I agree a quilt with flannel backing is hard to beat.

o

Go to Google, click on Images at the top of the page and do a search for wool quilts! LOTS of great ideas! I was amazed at how intricate some of the designs are; I would stick with something simpler and let the fabric be the star but you'll see many beautiful quilts and it might give you some ideas. Even a simple 6" block with a few applique pieces might be really spectacular!

o

Since I like the southwestern look I would be making throw pillows!

o

Yes........a wool quilt. My MIL used to make them and they are still going strong to her grandchildren's generation. One doesn't get any warmer than wool or down.

I make rugs as well and just for the fun of it, Google Penney rugs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here