Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

A fortunate side trip

calliope
11 years ago

OK, so I had a couple extra hours today and decided to hop in the buggy and drive into town to look for a belt for my work jeans. Obvious place to try first, since it's not a fashion statement is our local Goodwill. Nope.........I'm not a heavy person, but every belt they had was too small or too fancy. So, out of habit, I scope out the bins and sheets for large pieces of cotton. There is this heavy roll of brown cotton hiding under piles of ugly polyester double knit and I grabs it. Then hanging on a hanger with the blankets is the largish piece of ???? I figure I could use to bat a utility quilt or pad a foot locker top. I gets it home and inspects it and low and behold the 'blanket' is a fine quality, never-used piece of cotton quilt batting. LOL Queen sized and the brown wad of material is eight yards of 45" never used cotton. Somebody cleaned out a quiting stash. Vee hit the jackpot as my next quilt is one in a brown/tan oriental and alls I needed in the way of material was the batting and the backing. I got it all for less than three dollars. I am cooking supper, but this one I was bursting to share.

Comments (7)