Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tracking: Canadian FQ RR Swap

Posted by tuppermom (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 18:05

Finally the RR has started!!

Sorry for the delay......life just gets in the way sometimes!

Has the robin headed north, south, east or west? You can keep an eye on it by checking the tracking number at www.canadapost.ca

Our first tracking number is: 0103 2360 0018 7854

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tracking: Canadian FQ RR Swap

Every time I try to track, I get the message that it is in the Milton PO. I sure hope it is on its way elsewhere. Darn PO.

o

Yeah, I keep checking it too and still the same message but it also says the expected date of delivery is April 7th. Not sure it is going to get to it's destination if it doesn't move out of Milton.

Mary

o

It seems that postal tracking in Canada is kind of lame. Apparantly, the status only changes when the package is in the hands of the recipient so you can't really see where it is going until it gets there. Canada Post could learn a lot about tracking from the USPS!

o

Although I sent a package to France in Dec. and I was able to track it all the way and one to Ottawa last month and it tracked too. This one is a mystery.

o

I have never tracked a package by Canada Post so was just going by what somewone told me. We will see what happens further on.

Mary

o

Well, it is past the 7th :)

o

I have called the postal outlet where I mailed the package from and they looked to see if it had slipped down behind something and it is not there. I then contacted the person who is receiving the package first and she has not received it. I then called Canada Post and they have opened a search file. Just my luck! I had contemplated hand delivering it (would have taken less than an hour. Maybe I should have. I am away Sunday and Monday but will bring everyone up to date on Tuesday.

Mary

o

Its probably just taking longer in the mail than anticipated ... (hopefully). I once mailed something to Quebec (from Ontario) and to Australia on the same day ... and the one going to Australia got there first, lol! You never can tell.

o

Hurray!!!!
It is on its way.
It must have been held up in Milton for some strange reason.

o

I can't believe it took 6 days from Milton to Mississauga. It is about 20 minutes by car from the postal outlet to the sorting plant!

o

Well, it has been 9 days and the package has moved again! Canada Post works in mysterious ways! Not sure why it is in Stoney Creek though.

o

Out for delivery today. Let us hope it moves more quickly from here on.
Theresa

o

I just heard that the package has arrived at it's first destination....finally. Nannykins sister, Marilyn, was visiting with her when I first announced this swap and even though she is not a member here I decided to let her play with us. She lives in Burlington....just 20 minutes south of me and it took 13 days to get to her! When I mailed the envelope I asked if the address label would stick and was assured that it would. Marilyn told me that her address was written on the envelope so I think that the label fell off somewhere between Milton and Mississauga. I called Canada Post on Friday to trace the parcel and I assume that is when they wrote the address on the envelope.
I have enclosed instructions in the envelope but did not say to put a piece of tape over the address label to secure it to the envelope but with the events of the past 13 days, I think it would be a very good idea.
Marily will be mailing the package out tomorrow so I will post the tracking number as soon as I hear from her.

Hopefully this swap will go smoothly from this point on.

Mary

o

I just heard from Marilyn and the "Robin" is on it's way to it's next destination. She taped down the address label so it should arrive in a matter of days.

The new tracking number is:

0103 6050 0022 2917

Mary

o

Our "Robin" is on the move. She started in Burlington on Thursday and was processed in Mississauga on Sunday. What direction we she head from there?

o

Our "Robin" is out for delivery in Stratford, Ontario today.

Please let us know when you have received it and it is on it's way again.

I will post a list of participants and indicate who has received it.

o

received... swapped... repackaged. and once the rain lets up it will be off to the post office. likely this afternoon.

o

sloth003:
Do we have a tracking number?

Mary

o

just sent today. i wasn�t gonna bike in the snow yesterday.

0103 6410 0010 0442

o

There will be no mail delivery in Canada until tuesday but our package has been on the move! It was mailed by sloth003 in Stratford on Thursday and as of Sunday, had been processed at the Mississauga sorting plant. Where will it land next?

o

The "Robin" has landed in Winnipeg!!

o

Yes...the robin arrived in the mailbox today..here in Winnipeg, Manitoba...it will resume it's trip on Friday. I will post the tracking number as soon as I get home that day...

o

The ROBIN is once again at Canada Post here in Winnipeg...the tracking number is 0437891000375676...where will it stop only the sender knows...haha

o

According to Canada Post Tracking...which hasn't been updated since the 1st...the parcel is still in Winnipeg...has it arrived at its destination yet??? or is it really still here

o

Checked Canada Post...the Robin has been sucessfully delivered to Smith Falls, Ontario...

o

The robin is on the move!

Here is how things stand.

tuppermom - sent

Marilyn - rec 'd and sent

chickadee_3a

faytay

lockeb

sloth_003 - rec'd and sent

day2day

Susan G

Nana_2009 - rec'd and sent

nannykins

cziga

o

The robin is on the move again! Susan G. in North Augusta,ON has rec'd the package and has sent it on. The new tracking number is 0414719000254311

tuppermom - sent

chickadee_3a

faytay

lockeb

day2day

Susan G - rec'd and sent

nannykins

cziga

o

The Robin has arrived in Montreal today - I hope to get it sent on it's way again tomorrow...will post when I get back from work tomorrow evening!

o

We are halfway through the swap!

o

ON the way back to Ontario - under tracking number:

0225 0450 0064 2147

Postal Code P0J 1C0 - wonder who that may be :-)

o

The robin is on the move again! Bill (lockeb) in Montreal has rec'd the package and has sent it on. The new tracking number is 0225045000642147

tuppermom - sent

chickadee_3a

faytay

lockeb - rec`d and sent

day2day

Susan G - rec'd and sent

nannykins

cziga

o

Our robin hasn't moved since Bill sent it off.
Doesn't seem like Canada Post is very efficient,does it?

~Geraldine

o

A different tracking program says it is on its way to delivery, expected to be delivered tomorrow ( Tuesday).

o

I just checked and it says it has been successfully delivered today.

o

The robin has made a trip to Northern Ontario, but won't be staying long. It probably arrived in Cobalt on Friday, but it takes another day to get out to where we live. So Canada Post isn't too badly with our robin. What fun!! I'll post when it flies away again.
Carolyn

o

Yes, I see now that it has moved. I guess I spoke too soon.
Hope you all have a great day

~Geraldine

o

Robin is on its way again. Mailed this afternoon.
Tracking number is 0450 5530 0013 0105
Carolyn.

o

And arrived this morning. Will try to get it on its way tomorrow since there is some talk of a Canada Post walkout next week.
will post tracking number ASAP.
Theresa

o

Tracking number 0388 8660 0040 0975

The Robin has already flown east, west, north and south.
Which direction will he fly now??? Or is he getting dizzy?

o

tuppermom - sent

chickadee_3a - rec'd and sent

faytay

lockeb - rec`d and sent

day2day

Susan G - rec'd and sent

nannykins - rec'd and sent

cziga

Only 3 more stops until our Robin flies home! Hopefully it will arrive at it's next destination before there is any disruption of mail service here in Canada.

o

tracking shows it has reached its next destination.

o

Yep, I got it in the mail today :) Hopefully will be able to swing by the Post Office tomorrow to get it back on it's way ... I will post a tracking # once I do ...

o

Wow!!! If Canada Post could give us service like this all the time we wouldn't mind the increases in postage.

cziga- Please keep in mind that there will be no postal service until Tuesday so perhaps you should hold on to it until we see what happens on Wed.

Mary

o

You know what ... I totally forgot about the possible strike about to happen and have already dropped it off in the post today to wait for Tuesday (I'm going to be really busy in the next couple days and didn't want to forget).

At least it is not live plants or anything, so the fabric will keep ... I wish I had remembered though!

Tracking # is: 0078646000989757

And hopefully it will go through ok ...

o

It looks like the postal strike was averted so our robin should be whisking it's way to the next destination. Just a few more stops before she flies home. I can't wait to see if any of the original FQs remain!

Mary

o

It looks like our robin has landed in Moncton after a long journey from Richmond Hill. I think our postal workers were practising for a walkout....it was mailed on May 22nd and didn't go out for delivery in Moncton until June 2nd. Or maybe they walked it to Moncton!
Just 1 more stop then she flies home.

o

Yes, she has landed in NB and should be bop bop boppin' and hop hop hoppin' along to her last stop first of the week. :)

o

Our feathered friend is once again aflight. 0013 1960 0080 0802.

:) Faye

o

tuppermom - sent

chickadee_3a - rec'd and sent

faytay - rec'd and sent

lockeb - rec`d and sent

day2day

Susan G - rec'd and sent

nannykins - rec'd and sent

cziga - rec'd and sent

Looks like our robin has one more stop before flying back home. Hopefully she won't be held up too long in the postal system.

Mary

o

The robin arrived today!
It will be winging its way back home tomorrow or Monday. Will post when I have mailed it.
Thanks to Mary for hosting and to all those that helped Robin on this exciting trip.

~Geraldine

o

The Robin is headed home.
I mailed the package this morning.

Confirmation number is 0005 7970 0008 5179

~Geraldine

o

I can't wait to see the FQs I get back. Thanks to all of the participants for sending the package on so quickly. Hopefully Canada Post co-operates with us and our Robin will quickly wing her way home.

Mary

o

Thank you Mary for hosting this ... it was a lot of fun, even with the Canada Post strike. At least it doesn't seem to have affected much yet (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx this!)

o

Yes Mary! Thank you!
It took some organizing and you did it well.
Theresa

o

I enjoyed hosting the RR. So far the cities that have been on strike don't affect me but if things don't go forward in the talks I am sure they will cripple Southern Ontario. We can hope that our Robin arrives back in the nest before that happens.

Mary

o

Windsor was out this morning along with Cornwall and Niagara Falls.
But these are rotating so expect they will be back tomorrow or Wed.
Luckily I think we missed the worst of it.
Theresa

o

It seems our Robin is stuck somewhere in the Postal system between Nfld. and Ontario. Hopefully she will fly home soon now that the postal workers have been legislated back to work.
I will let you know when she arrives.

Mary

o

The Robin has landed!! Thanks to all who participated. I sent out 10 FQs and rec'd 11 back so perhaps our robin found a friend on her travels ;)

Mary

o

Yay! I can just see our little robin holding a sign on the picket line.

Hope you like what you ended up with. Any of the originals make the full round?

o

So happy the robin made it back. I was beginning to think ha would be permanently stranded. So, did you get back any originals?

~Geraldine

o

Mary, did you get the info sheet that I posted separately? Just wondering.

I sent a package to DH's nephew on the same day that I posted the robin.....that was June 10th. It was delivered today...that's 32 days and it was posted to an address here in my own province.
Snail Mail for sure!!

~Geraldine

o

Yes, the envelope arrived sometime this week. I was in Montreal for a few days and it was in the mailbox today when I got back. Funny how the package arrived first. Thanks for the extra fat quarter.

It seems to have taken Canada Post a long time to get caught up. Perhaps they were in `snail`mode because they were forced back to work.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here